Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 04:15 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times

Advertisements

This dude looks like he is on FIRE. This guy is super athletic for his weight class, crazy explosive, strong and just seems like a guy who can apply every asset of MMA well. He's 8-0 right now and won his last fight at the Fedor vs Henderson event by rear naked choke in the 1st round.

I KNOW this fighter will make noise in the middleweight division and I can see him going to the UFC once Strikeforce closes. If doesn't make it to the UFC after Strikeforce closes its doors, whatever organization he goes to I will make this prediction; he WILL be champ there. I believe in his skills.

I wonder why he was not chosen to be on the TUF season. He has a great personality and he seems very fun and charismatic!

Check out this video:

Derek Brunson . Official TUF audition film. Follow me @DerekBrunsonMMA - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 05:47 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
i would like to see him step up in competition before i agree. he looks good but he hasnt exactly faced top flight talent.

as for TUF, they are very selective and their process is a bit strange. it seems they really want guys who will conflict with EVERYONE else. we had a guy who was selected for the final 32 and was supposed to fight to get in the house a couple shows ago. he is a super nice guy, easy going, ridiculous jitz, but his personality wasnt super cocky and he didnt clash or but heads so he was actually pulled a week or so before filming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)