Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 12:30 AM

1,149 posts, read 452,024 times

Advertisements

So we are two Saturdays away from Khabib/Gaethje. It’s pretty obvious what has to happen for Gaethje to be victorious. But will it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 11:58 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,727,313 times
I don't know. I really want to see Gaithje win, but I've been watching some old Khabib and Gaithje fights, and Khabib is just a more polished machine. It'll be on at 2am where I am and I will most definitely be awake to watch.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:52 PM

Dead sub forum unfortunately. Big event, but this sports forum seems to be just predominantly filled with drive by fans of pro team sports who take their cues from FOX Sports or ESPN talk shows. In any event, I see A LOT of people on Gaethje tomorrow. Maybe it’s the easy pick and makes one appear to be a genius if it comes to fruition. Gaethje does have a 80% TD defense. Has 2 inches on Khabib. Khabib’s father recently passed. He is susceptible defensively when it becomes a punchers brawl. Still, I think too many underestimate what a beast Khabib is- assumptions based on his caliber of competition up til the McGregor fight. I’ve even seen someone state Khabib caught Conor on an off-night, which is just total bunk.

Old 10-24-2020, 06:58 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,727,313 times
I'm so pumped for this fight, but I believe there were some shenanigans at the weigh-ins. I remember watching Khabib go on the scale and thought the guy was very quick to determine his weight, so I watched it over and over. I think he actually missed weight and there are others who agree with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=524wtNq86Ys&t=4s

That being said, I'd love to see Justin win. I think we'll know early on how Justin will do when Khabib launches his first take down. If Justin is anything like Porier (deer in the headlights after the takedown), then he won't have a chance. If he can fight his way out of the mauling, I could see Justin pulling this one off.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:16 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I'm so pumped for this fight, but I believe there were some shenanigans at the weigh-ins. I remember watching Khabib go on the scale and thought the guy was very quick to determine his weight, so I watched it over and over. I think he actually missed weight and there are others who agree with me.

That being said, I'd love to see Justin win. I think we'll know early on how Justin will do when Khabib launches his first take down. If Justin is anything like Porier (deer in the headlights after the takedown), then he won't have a chance. If he can fight his way out of the mauling, I could see Justin pulling this one off.
Should be a good fight and I wouldn’t be surprised if Justin wins. Www.crackstream.com

Old 10-24-2020, 02:36 PM

Some good solid fights today less far. I particularly enjoyed Kennedy’s win the prelims. Good fight. Whittaker was solid, but sorry, he won’t have a chance vs Adesanya. Still don’t like at all some of the judging. Which judge had Whittaker losing one of those rounds? And Alvey pulled the upset on Jung as far as I’m concerned. No way was that a draw.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:07 PM

And there you have it. 29-0. Justin with no grappling skills. Khabib is a beast. Says this was his last fight. We shall see. Nothing really to prove at this point.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caj727 View Post
And there you have it. 29-0. Justin with no grappling skills. Khabib is a beast. Says this was his last fight. We shall see. Nothing really to prove at this point.
Scary thing is Khabib’s boxing skills have improved every fight. I think Justin was so intimidated by Khabib’s wresting skills that he was out boxed. He wouldn’t get close while a khabib was the aggressor and game in and connected a few times.

Nobody is near his level. I believe it when he says he’s retired because of his father. So now that leaves the division’s belt open to Justin or Conor or ?

Old 10-24-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Scary thing is Khabib’s boxing skills have improved every fight. I think Justin was so intimidated by Khabib’s wresting skills that he was out boxed. He wouldn’t get close while a khabib was the aggressor and game in and connected a few times.

Nobody is near his level. I believe it when he says he’s retired because of his father. So now that leaves the division’s belt open to Justin or Conor or ?
Yes I was surprised too by Khabib’s improvement in that realm as well, albeit it was only for a few minutes. I would guess Dustin Poirier factors into the equation as well. A Conor-Khabib rematch would be massive, but regardless of money, now we’ve got two fighters to try and lure out of retirement. I doubt it ever happens.

Old 10-24-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post

I agree with you on Khabib’s weighin. The guy managing the scale missed up. He should have waited for it to top out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)