Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 8,146 times

Advertisements

My husband has a job in West Mobile off of Newman Rd. We will be moving back to Alabama after 11 long years in MS. I grew up in Saraland.

I am having difficulty deciding between West Mobile and Saraland. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 06:03 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,578,434 times
I used to live on Hillcrest Rd near Cottage Hill and I liked the area. I never had any problems with crime and the area actually seemed pretty quiet.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:56 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,146,069 times
West Mobile would be best..The areas that are mentioned above are safe areas.The Grelot Rd,and areas of Cottage Hill are nice and safe areas.

Welcome to Mobile !

Old 02-14-2011, 07:40 AM

2 posts, read 8,146 times
Sorry forgot to mention that I have 2 kiddos. One will be in 3rd grade and the other will be a kindergartner.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,004 times
Hi,

I and my husband are moving to Mobile this December for 2 years but have not decided on an apartment yet. My husband would be working in Calvert. Living in a safe area would be our priority followed by amenities. Can anyone please suggest good apartment homes?

I was looking at Windsor Place apartments but someone posted a review of burglary(Not that I can find many reviews for Windsor). Some newly constructed apartments are very expensive and further away from Calvert.

Also, how is Saraland for living? Any security/other concerns? Any info would be great

Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,771,820 times
Newman Road is pretty far west, almost to Mississippi, whereas Saraland is northeast of Mobile. Both are decent places to live, but west Mobile would be a much shorter work commute.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:21 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,146,069 times
Saraland is closer to Calvert but West Mobile has more shopping and amenities.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 PM

557 posts, read 810,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcnatt View Post
Sorry forgot to mention that I have 2 kiddos. One will be in 3rd grade and the other will be a kindergartner.
West Mobile all day long. Not even close a contest.

Look out at the Scott Dairy Loop area west of Dawes. My wife and I are selling our house to move across country, but we're in a great, safe, quiet area and right across the street from an elementary school, and a half mile from the middle.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 PM

386 posts, read 1,216,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutisingh View Post
Hi,

I and my husband are moving to Mobile this December for 2 years but have not decided on an apartment yet. My husband would be working in Calvert. Living in a safe area would be our priority followed by amenities. Can anyone please suggest good apartment homes?

I was looking at Windsor Place apartments but someone posted a review of burglary(Not that I can find many reviews for Windsor). Some newly constructed apartments are very expensive and further away from Calvert.

Also, how is Saraland for living? Any security/other concerns? Any info would be great
If you can get into Plantations at Hillcrest, best of luck...my coworker lives there, and while it may be a little older on the insides, the grounds are great andd the neighbors Ive met over there are awesome! I would say Stone Ridge, but the people in the front office didnt seem that inviting to me at all when I went there in May with a bud of mine looking at their place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area