Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,360 times

Advertisements

I've recognized every place on the show. The guys and the girl are staying in a gated residence south of the grand hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 05:38 PM

432 posts, read 1,256,197 times
The girl is staying at Dorgan's Inn...a beautiful bed and breakfast. The boy's are in a private residence. I wish they'd show more of Point Clear and Fairhope, our Pier and parks...and not the cows and farms.LOL!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 09:36 AM

483 posts, read 886,689 times
Grrr...I'm so sick and tired of Alabama being portrayed as redneck crap and "y'all" and backwoods. I grew up here. I do NOT say "y'all"; I HATE it! I do not fish, nor do I hunt. I do not drive a pickup truck or a Tahoe/Yukon. I cannot stand Alabama or Auburn and am direly sick of seeing that stupid A plastered everywhere. I do not wear visors, Costa del Mar sunglasses on a string, or those stupid fishing breeze flap shirts.

I saw an ad for this on tv and just shook my head. I have lived here my whole life, love the beach, and have family here. If it weren't for that and the low cost of living, I'd leave. We get a horrible reputation here, and the fact is that not everyone is like that. Yes, there's a vast majority out there, and I do NOT fit in this culture. It's home though, and something I have to deal with. You know where I fit in and love? Chicago and the Chicago suburbs. That's me. I feel more at home there....but reality is this is home.

I just wish some shows would portray Gulf Shores, the Eastern Shore, the nicer areas of Birmingham, the Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, as well as all of their technology there. Everyone wants to focus on this bassackwards sweet tea and hello darlin' crap. It's no wonder everyone thinks Southerners are ignorant. I can't stand it.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:47 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA2000TL View Post
Grrr...I'm so sick and tired of Alabama being portrayed as redneck crap and "y'all" and backwoods. I grew up here. I do NOT say "y'all"; I HATE it! I do not fish, nor do I hunt. I do not drive a pickup truck or a Tahoe/Yukon. I cannot stand Alabama or Auburn and am direly sick of seeing that stupid A plastered everywhere. I do not wear visors, Costa del Mar sunglasses on a string, or those stupid fishing breeze flap shirts.
We'll I do say "y'all", but I agree with you on everything else.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:07 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
I say y'all and I wear Costa's and Visors(with Costa logo). I hunt, and fish and believe it or not can skin a buck and run a trot line(not being funny)... I also drive a 2010 Camaro and work in the corportate world. I think I have the best of both right here in good Ole Tuscaloosa, and Roll Tide!!!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times
Thumbs up I love this show!

Am I the only one that loves this show? I say "y'all" and I live in California! I wear Cowboy boots and love Country music. I guess if people thought California was like the "Kardashians" then I guess I can understand people not liking sterotypes.

I loved her Dad. I could tell he was not acting he was the real deal. You never know with "reality" TV. My choice is Adam, he seems the most real. Who do you think she will pick? Please not the guy from L.A. He gives me the creeps.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:51 AM

483 posts, read 886,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I say y'all and I wear Costa's and Visors(with Costa logo). I hunt, and fish and believe it or not can skin a buck and run a trot line(not being funny)... I also drive a 2010 Camaro and work in the corportate world. I think I have the best of both right here in good Ole Tuscaloosa, and Roll Tide!!!!!
This is one reason I want to leave. Too many people are "the same" here. I have 0 in common with this crowd and I grew up here. I'm not one that advocate people walking around like freaks to express their individuality, but down here, there is 0 individuality it seems. I figured you'd drive a gold Yukon/Tahoe....you had everyting correct except the car. Do you by chance have the wildlife plate on the back or a large "A" sticker in the window?

Can't tell you how many times some "good ol' boy" has come up to me and made some comment like "what'd you think about that Alabama game Saturday?" The conversation continues a follows: "huh? oh....I don't keep track of that. I can't stand AL or AU football. I'm not a sports fan anyway." The response I get is "WHAT??? you're not an AL or AU fan? Ya gotta pick one!!! Where you from?" "Here....but I'm not your typical type; I spend my leisure time on my hobbies like my cars, aquarium, etc., and no I don't pick either team--can't stand either one of them." The conversation usually dies out as I have nothing else to talk about with them, lol.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:01 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Has anyone here seen the preview to 'Hart of Dixie' on the CW? Looks like it's going to be set on the gulf coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area