Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 09:40 AM

3 posts, read 4,194 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about moving to the area and was wondering if there are any "reasonably" priced boutiques that offer ladies, teens and girls clothing, jewelry, purses, scarves, etc.? My move is dependent on opening a boutique and I don't want to over saturate the market. A little competition is good, but.... My boutique would be more along the lines of the boutique that I saw at Zeke's when I was there a few years ago. Something that offers unique items, not all beach or tourist related. This would be more targeted to the locals who live there 24/7 and priced to fit all budgets. And for people who want something that would remind them of their trip without saying "Gulf Shores" or Alabama" all over it. Not that there is anything wrong with tourist, but you know what I mean.

Are there any commercial real estate web sites for the area that lists retail spaces for lease/rent without going thru all of the local real estate web sites 1 by 1? Most MLS's and Realtor.com don't have what I am looking for. I know there are a ton of spaces available or at least there were 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 10:01 AM

432 posts, read 1,256,197 times
I would suggest looking at The Wharf in Orange Beach. Their website should give you info on leases. Good luck!

Old 01-23-2012, 10:54 AM

Thanks for the reply. I tried getting into the Wharf's website a couple of times yesterday and it was all messed up. I looked there a few months ago and it was very expensive. I'd rather be in the Gulf Shores area vs. Orange Beach, Foley zip but not necessarily IN Foley, per se, Bon Secour and all around that area. I have a map of the Districts from the County Planning Dept and a bunch of literature from when I was down there last. So I have a real good handle on the Lower Baldwin area besides driving all over it multiple times.

Thanks again

Old 01-23-2012, 02:33 PM

Also the Craft Farms shopping center where Publix, Target, ect are is a good location. It's on 59 north Gulf Shores...close to Foley also. It has quite a bit of traffic(foot traffic) local and tourist alike.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:31 PM

Oh yeah, that's a good location. Thanks.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:23 PM

I just got back from that area and have some more info on this. Colonial Promenade (it's where the new GS Publix is located) is almost all filled and looks nice. The phone number on the sign is 205-250-8745 I hope this helps! This is right next door to the Marriott and just south of the other big shopping center at Craft Farms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area