Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 02:49 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
...because the rest of the state is saying: "f Mobile"
Well, you know where AlDot's attention is, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 07:21 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Well, you know where AlDot's attention is, correct?
I assume you're referring to the bay bridge that's been needed for a while. That's only happening because of a potential public/private partnership.

This negative sentiment is exacerbated locally by the fact the rest of the state took BP money that clearly should have been kept on the coast.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
I assume you're referring to the bay bridge that's been needed for a while. That's only happening because of a potential public/private partnership.

This negative sentiment is exacerbated locally by the fact the rest of the state took BP money that clearly should have been kept on the coast.
No, what I meant was that AlDot's focus is not on the extreme southern part of the state nor on the extreme northern part of the state. Lots of construction projects in the center though.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:02 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
No, what I meant was that AlDot's focus is not on the extreme southern part of the state nor on the extreme northern part of the state. Lots of construction projects in the center though.
I definitely agree with that.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:17 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,337,250 times
Which just happens to be the state's crossroads within the south. The area that has to carry the burden of wear and tear from major traffic, especially eighteen wheelers and greater across the state.

Mobile is the second focus of this with I-10 traffic and deserves just as much attention.

There is no regional crossroads in the northern part of the state, so what's the point of whining about that.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post
Which just happens to be the state's crossroads within the south. The area that has to carry the burden of wear and tear from major traffic, especially eighteen wheelers and greater across the state.

Mobile is the second focus of this with I-10 traffic and deserves just as much attention.

There is no regional crossroads in the northern part of the state, so what's the point of whining about that.
Nobody's whining, but the reason there is no crossroads is because there are no roads, and won't be. It's a Catch 22 type thing.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:33 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,168,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post

Well it's definitely not ending anytime soon....

459 from 20/59 interchange getting repaved eventually all the way to hwy 150.

65 south from malfunction junction to hwy 31 repaving and widening

I-22/65 interchange extension to hwy 31

Lakeshore hwy diamond interchange remodel

Finley blvd extension to shuttleworth drive

Hwy 78 (arkadelphia road exit) repaving and rebuilt from 20/59 to finley blvd.

Hwy 150 widening

422 project

A new exit bridge and highway for Amazon from 20/59

Widening 65 south from pelham to alabaster and later on to shelby county airport exit....

Old 07-10-2018, 05:08 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Mobile moves ahead with Amtrak plans

Quote:
The City Council Tuesday approved $223,000 to design a passenger rail station that will go downtown near Cooper-Riverside Park. It is federal money that came in the form of a grant from the Southern Rail Commission. Three weeks ago, Governor Kay Ivey squelched plans for the return of an Amtrak route from New Orleans to Orlando that would have stopped in Mobile, but city leaders say they want to be ready if things change.It would be a shame to send these grant resources back when we can utilize it to have a shovel-ready plan so the governor can hopefully support what we’re trying to do in the near future,” Manzie said.
https://www.wkrg.com/news/mobile-cou...=facebook_WKRG

If this comes to fruition than it's definitely time to build a pedestrian bridge. I like the previous concept and the downtown Huntsville proposed concept.

To save money why not use th GM&O ?

Old 07-10-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Mobile moves ahead with Amtrak plans

https://www.wkrg.com/news/mobile-cou...=facebook_WKRG

If this comes to fruition than it's definitely time to build a pedestrian bridge. I like the previous concept and the downtown Huntsville proposed concept.

To save money why not use th GM&O ?
I like this not-so-subtle quote in the linked article: "the Governor, whoever that might be next year, will be interested in funding our plan,” ....

Old 07-10-2018, 05:28 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Right !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area