Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 PM

15 posts, read 49,296 times

Advertisements

For work reasons I am relocating to the Mobile area. I need information!

I don't have kids so schools are not a concern for me. I am single and like to spend time outside with my dog and my camera.

Is there a dog park in Mobile? If so, in what part of town?

I would like to rent something NOT in an apartment complex. I am thinking maybe something in an old and quiet neighborhood. Any ideas?

OR, maybe Orange Beach! Or Gulf Shores! Are dogs allowed on the beach?

I will be home on weekends only which does not leave me much time to create a network of friends. Any suggestions on activities or events that may lend themselves to such an endeavor?

Any info would be HUGELY appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 04:44 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Orange Beach and Gulf Shores is a long drive to make every day.

Depending on where you will be working you might want to check out Midtown. You might check out renting a duplex or a house there. It is an older section of homes. The area has made a come back in recent years.

Check out meetup.com for groups who share your interest.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:20 PM

I will actually be traveling by car out of the area every week and just there on the weekends. So, really all I am looking for is a dog-friendly area with a nearby $tarbucks. Also, know of any pet hotels? I want only the best for my baby. This move is all financial in motivation (don't ask) and so I need to know where she'll be most comfortable M-F.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:32 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Pet Resort with Boarding and Grooming in Gulf Shores, Alabama. - Home

I can't recommend them personally but they are in the Gulf Shores/Foley area. If you want to live on the gulf, then Gulf Shores is the place. Remembering it is busy during tourist season. Of course, you have to consider hurricanes too.

I hope someone who lives in Mobile can tell you about dog parks and pet hotels there.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:04 PM

386 posts, read 1,217,286 times
Default Yup, Midtown for sure

Try looking around St Pius church (great little neighborhood) from Sage Ave back east to Florida Street, from Ralston south down to Airport Blvd.. and even south past Airport on Florida (behind the fire station) that turns into Cottage Hill Rd. THis will be your area which you will find the best deal on a house rental. Just west of I-65 though, rents go up a good $300+

Park: I use Mobile Municipal Park (also known as Langan Park) for my boy Petey. Other dog owners always out there.. just remember to clean up after!

Pet friendly hotels..
DogFriendly.com's City Guide: Mobile, Alabama

For dog boarding:

pet boarders loc: Mobile, AL - Google Maps

Last edited by unstoppablemobile; 06-26-2008 at 08:16 PM..

Old 06-27-2008, 08:17 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,781,549 times
There is no dog park in Mobile.

However, you can take a dog to any park if it is on a leash.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:08 AM

Thanks for the info! (I ALWAYS clean up after her by the way.)

Old 07-15-2008, 01:30 AM

34 posts, read 105,373 times
I live in the Midtown area of Mobile and I have a little toy poodle we go on walks at least 5 times a day and everyone around here is so friendly and you won't have any problems since you clean up. You couldn't find nicer people than the ones that live here in Midtown Mobile!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area