Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 PM

19 posts, read 39,393 times

Advertisements

i need some help with these forum...

I will move to mobile in dec. and i wanna know if mobile have some places to go and have some fun, like pubs, good outdoors places...

And another thing... there is any job available like bartender that i can aplly for it???

tks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 05:56 PM

299 posts, read 937,739 times
Yes, there are quite a few places in midtown and downtown where people like to hang out. Downtown has the most bars/clubs/restaurants. Finding a job in the restaurant business probably won't be too hard, especially since so many new places have and are opening up around here. We also have several parks. There are 3 existing parks downtown, including one on the waterfront. There are also several others, including Municipal Park, which has a large pond with ducks and geese. Also, since Mobile is on the delta (swamp), there are numerous outdoor activities you can do such as kayaking, boating, fishing, crabbing, and many more.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We're happy to help.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:17 PM

nice... i cant wait to be there... i´m just waiting till my DS-19 comes and i will aplly for the visa... and them i go...

i will work at mc´donalds they use to be open 24h like here in brazil or not? Cause i really wanna make some money to spend in travels and some gadgets...

Old 10-22-2009, 08:02 PM

299 posts, read 937,739 times
I don't think our McDonald's are open all night, but there are several other fast food chains that would be open later, such as Wendy's and Checkers and maybe Burger King.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:15 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
I hope you're going to bring some money with you, because you won't make enough at McDonalds to pay rent unless maybe you have a roomate.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:05 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,777,279 times
Just curious ... Brazil to Mobile? What brought that about? Congrats on your move to the US though. Might want to aim higher than McDonalds if you say you want spending money.

I have to say, I have never met a bad looking Brazillian lady. Of course, that's out of the 3 or 4 that I have met in my life.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:03 AM

272 posts, read 960,401 times
I'm sure you would have a lot of seasonal job opportunities in Gulf Shores from like March- August for bartending and waitress etc. Now it may be a little slow, but if you're good I'm sure you'll find something. If not and you get bored let me know and I'll show ya some places to go fishing, no reason to sit around waiting for the phone to ring when you could have bait in the water

Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 AM

4,999 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leite View Post
nice... i cant wait to be there... i´m just waiting till my DS-19 comes and i will aplly for the visa... and them i go...

i will work at mc´donalds they use to be open 24h like here in brazil or not? Cause i really wanna make some money to spend in travels and some gadgets...

There are 24hr Mcdonald`s in Mobile two that I know of Downtown and the one in the Tillmans Corner area I worked the over night shift at that one. With all the over time from the tour buses that use to pull in I was averaging 800 + dollar checks biweekly. I will encourage you to aim higher though .

Old 10-23-2009, 06:54 AM

Guys, for the tips. My J1 Program will from December to March and them i have to come back to Brazil, but maybe if i enjoy i can come back and try a Green Card and stay... Mayba lol PortCity, sorry, i try to understand what u wrote, but i couldn´t, i try to use the google translator and he couldn´t too... lol so, if i work on grave shift and do some overtime i can make good money or dont??? About the fishing... i will be glad to go... lol... The sponsor that hire us already give to all studants a job and a place to stay, im not sure if i can change the housing that they offer me, but i will pay USS 400, is that too much??? byu the way... there is Snow in Mobile??? llol tks everyone...

Old 10-23-2009, 10:22 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Do not count on seeing snow in Mobile.

Portcity worked at McDonalds in Mobile and made $400.00 a week USD working graveyard shift and with overtime. If you have a job where will you be working? Who is this sponsor? You need to be very careful.. there are a lot of bad people out there.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-25-2009 at 06:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
View detailed profiles of: