Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:12 AM

12 posts, read 29,421 times

Advertisements

I am a single mom with three of my children still living at home with me. I have always wanted to live out in the open and Montana has always appealed to me. I really would like to move there but I have not seen any decent job openings that would allow me to even consider it. Does anyone know of any administrative jobs available? I would be very appreciative of any help you could offer. I did read where someone had said that the winters lasted six months! Good grief! Is that all over Montana? I am living in Illinois right now and winters are not fun here but six months! Maybe I need to come visit awhile before making any new moves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 04:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,090,920 times
I would highly suggest you vist for a while, read the local papers for the areas that you think you want to live. Most papers are online just search on google for montana newspapers and you will be able to see the want ads. I can tell you that in the flathead wages are not great this state is listed at 47th in the nation for income. Yes winters are long..............

Old 06-19-2007, 06:20 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,491,304 times
Yep was snowing what 2 weeks ago? So i would also suggest watching weather.com online for the area you like.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:58 PM

Do you enjoy living in Montana? I have no doubt I would love living there! I may have to financially wait until the kids are older. Winters might not be fun, but it is beautiful! Thanks for your response.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:03 AM

Angela,
No, I don't enjoy it here anymore and am leaving. The cold tears me up and the schools here are horrible,not to mention the "good 'ole boy" network is alive and well here. The final straw is 9 months of winter!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:46 AM

I am sorry to hear that!! Hopefully wherever you are planning on going is nice and hot for you! I lived in Las Vegas for over 15 years before coming back to Illinois. It was nice and hot there!! Good luck!

Old 06-20-2007, 01:38 PM

495 posts, read 496,484 times
Old montana saying................."There are only two seasons......summer and winter"

Old 06-20-2007, 06:45 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,653,488 times
Quote:
I am living in Illinois right now and winters are not fun here but six months!
I've been in Chicago during some really bad weather and I actually feel like the winters in that area are worse than Montana because of the humidity. It's true that Montana's winters may last a long time but the lack of humidity makes it much more bearable. My Mother lives in Montana and my brother lives near Chicago in northern Indiana. Every time my Mother goes back there to visit him she comes home feeling sick because that cold humidity just wears her down. I think you really need to experience Montana's winters before you can make a realistic comparison.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:23 PM

Having experienced winters all across this nation I can tell you that Montana has one of the longest I have seen. We have neighbors from Wisconsin and even they agree that the winters here are worse than there. As a former post said, "we just had snow about 2 weeks ago" and he wasn't kidding. It is not unusual to get snow here up until the second week of June and to have to wear a snow suit for halloween, or at least be dressed for 20 degree temps. Last week was 40's and 50's and cloudy with rain, the mud season..... Then you have the inversions that last for weeks.....

Old 06-21-2007, 07:15 AM

Good grief! I am beginning to consider Texas now. I can always visit Montana in the summer! I haven't been hearing too many good things about Montana... bad weather, bad schools, low-paying jobs! Does anyone have positive experiences living there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana