Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 04:32 PM

15 posts, read 86,930 times

Advertisements

Fall in Western MT is typically very beautiful. The sky is clear and blue, the colors are beautiful. We get a long indian summer almost every year.

The Missoula area and Bozeman area are two of the most rapidly growing areas of the state.

6 & 7 year olds aren't very critical of one another, so your son should be fine.

I can't imagine anyone in my circle of friends even raising an eyebrow at a person who commented on being vegetarian.

Did you settle on a place yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2007, 09:50 PM

722 posts, read 1,111,525 times
Why are people so worried about moving to a new place and having the town like them? Shouldn't you be more concerned whether or not you like the town?

Old 02-18-2007, 09:45 AM

462 posts, read 1,710,481 times
Cheeky, if you don't need to live in a larger town for work, then don't even think about Missoula or Bozeman. I'd look somewhere between Butte and Bozeman or Ennis or the Ruby Valley (Sheridan, Twin Bridges, Alder etc.) The nice thing about this area is close enough proximity to the larger towns for supplies but then you can leave the traffic and hustle bustle behind and come home to your peaceful existance.

You can drive to Bozeman in an hour and go to the Co-op, do your veggie shopping and hit Costco for veggies and head on home like I do.

All restaurants offer vegetarian dishes around here, even The Old Hotel in Twin Bridges so you will not go hungry.

Also, I wouldn't go around publicizing you're an atheist, just do your own thing and live and let live. No one will care one way or another. Not everyone around here goes to church and you won't be thought of as bad if you choose not to go.

And lastly, land is much less expensive over here, days are bright and sunny all winter, we get less snow and don't have concerns about crime, traffic, parking etc. The worst thing that might happen to you in the summer months is if you leave your car windows down while in the local store picking up some provisions, you might come out to find someone has left a bag of zucchinis in your car. (they grow really well here!!!)

Don't be discouraged by the neighsayers. This valley is also a bigtime cattle area and the ranchers are all growing hay all summer. BUT if you don't prefer to eat beef, you won't be dragged around by your ankles behind BillyBob's pickup!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:49 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,650,316 times
cheekypercy,
I'm also an atheist and I think we're a very small percentage of the population no matter where we live. I'm always respectful of the beliefs of others but I don't think you need to hide that fact. I've just never found the claims of any religion to be realistic or believeable but at the same time I also believe in the freedom of religion and don't feel I need to convert anyone to my way of thinking. Last Christmas I was in Montana and my Step-Father was also having a family reunion at the house. His family is very religious so of course the conversation drifted that way and after being asked about my beliefs I told them I was an atheist and explained why. Their jaws dropped at first but I was respectful to them and they're very nice people. Just respect the beliefs of others and you'll have no problem.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 AM

6 posts, read 17,906 times
I actually know of several people in Montana who are vegitarian, my brother to be included. I'm not a huge meat eater either, I like steak sometimes, but most of the time Ilike my fruits and veggies... Granted, most people don't get it, but they don't hate me for it. There are stores where you'll be able to find suitable food for you as well, my brother used to shop in Helena at the real food store (I believe that's the name).

Old 04-19-2008, 10:17 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,176,230 times
Default What is on that table?

I eat what I like to eat, and you can eat what you like to eat. I'll share a table with anyone once.

Sincerely,
Montana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana