Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 11:01 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,124,691 times

Advertisements

Ok folks.............lets have some comments on what appears to be the beginning of a La Nina Winter. (Comments from those who recently moved here would be most welcome.) And just think......... we've got 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 months yet to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 09:43 AM

239 posts, read 687,997 times
The long-range weather forecasts I have seen are calling for heavy rain/snow from the Pacific Northwest through the Dakotas. The ski resorts should experience incredible snow and the overall snow pack with the usual spring "wet snow" should keep the streams, rivers, and lakes at very good levels. All the dams with spillways should be utilizing those spillways. I anticipate a banner year for water which is good for recreation, irrigation, wildlife, and regretfully, mosquitoes.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:15 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,072,643 times
Default I say "Bring It On" ~♥~

Doesn't everyone love shoveling snow ?
This photo is of one of our backyards after one storm.
That rig of mine wouldn't run from being too cold so I walked to the store for groceries in 31 degrees below zero F. No wind chill factored in and it was windy when I went.
That little fun trip walking to the store in -31 was three weeks before last winter even started.

El Nino or La Nina it doesn't matter to me, we get what we get.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TOwQGaFY8qI/AAAAAAAAHtU/Bxf-L_xoogU/s512/IMG_0062-1.JPG (broken link)

Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 PM

239 posts, read 687,997 times
West Yellowstone Web Cam Home Page

This is fun to look at one in awhile

Old 11-24-2010, 09:11 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
It doesn't really bother me at all. We moved from North Central WV this past summer, so the dry climate is actually quite nice. It's a welcome change from shoveling wet, heavy snow that weighs about 50lbs per shovel. Last winter we received 90+ inches of snow in Clarksburg WV, and over 180" in the county northeast of us. All of it heavy, wet, sloppy stuff. I had to literally shovel the snow off my truck last year- turn the shovel upside down and push the heavy snow off the windshield were it would 'plump' on the other side. Schools were closed a lot last year. The hilly, winding roads and hardwood forests on either side make it really hard to pile that stuff out of the way. Preston County WV schools were closed for almost the entire month of February in 2010!

Here I can clean off my truck with a sweep corn broom in the morning and the schools don't shut down

We never got too much sub zero temps in WV, but I spent a lot of time outdoors in cold, damp conditions. I just layer up, cover my face and hands and go to it, no biggie.

One thing I do miss is having a hardwood fire in a woodstove. I'm going to install a furnace woodstove device or something in this house. I can't imagine not burning wood for heat in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: