Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:47 AM

214 posts, read 601,970 times

Advertisements

That reminds me, I went through Flagstaff, Az. last month and it was a low of zero that night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 09:26 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
My relatives went from MT to Flagstaff one year for Xmas and wound up snowed in down there -- they got 3 feet of snow!

I know someone here in CA who grew up in Texas... every time she flies home for the holidays, it snows enough there to close the DFW airport!! I dunno what that's about. She must be a changeling from some colder state.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
My relatives went from MT to Flagstaff one year for Xmas and wound up snowed in down there -- they got 3 feet of snow!

I know someone here in CA who grew up in Texas... every time she flies home for the holidays, it snows enough there to close the DFW airport!! I dunno what that's about. She must be a changeling from some colder state.
88u8uj8j
I can't believe I was talking with someone in NC in the Piedmont, you know in the lowlands near the coast, said they had 3" of snow last week!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:32 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
We got about 6 inches of snow here last Sunday night, in the SoCal desert. Global warming at work.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,467,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbechtel View Post
Washington and Oregon then are your best bets, where your at now.. Anywhere in the intermoutain west you'll find some sub-zero weather. Even in Colorado.
-29 in Gunnison last night

Old 01-11-2011, 05:04 PM

92 posts, read 315,950 times
Unfortunately, you quickly crossed Montana off that list by wanting less than 6 months of snowy weather and not getting below 0.

I've seen snow 11 months out of the year (if you exclude the mountains, then it would be 12). It isn't normally that extreme, but you can generally expect to see snow between October to April. Growing up, I puzzled over the phrase "April showers bring May flowers." Ah, no they don't. Snow kills the flowers!

However, Montanans adapt to the weather and don't take much guff from Mother Nature. Snow days? What's that? Pull out your shovel and dig to school, you wimps!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 PM

8,502 posts, read 8,798,353 times
Might be too late for the original poster to see it but if you decide to consider Oregon and Washington and want somewhat milder winters I'd mention LaGrande Oregon, maybe Pendleton OR or Walla Walla WA (within reach of forest, lakes and mountains with a bigger economy and less snow / winter than LaGrande), Pullman WA /Moscow Idaho, maybe Mount Vernon WA and maybe Grants Pass OR.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:19 PM

Speaking about Tucson, since it's been in the news of late, even when I lived there back in the early '80's we had snow a few times. Everyone would take the day off from work and ski Mt. Lemon. The powder would only last a day so you had to move fast. It's the southern most ski area in the US.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:48 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,218,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Boy ain't that the truth.. Loveland is prime hunting grounds for a counselor. Bring your couch, hang a shingle and go to town!
You'll need 4 years of clinical work even with a Masters to work as a counselor in Colorado. The 4 years will have to be under a licensed counselor and expect long hours and low pay. My friend in COS is in her 2nd year and makes 30k a year schlepping for Goodwill.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 PM

213 posts, read 697,164 times
Many places in Montana don't have snow half the year - it's closer to 2/3 of the year! And while some areas get more extreme cold than others, no areas are immune to below zero weather. I don't think Montana is what you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: