Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 07:45 PM

5 posts, read 9,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead1 View Post
I am 53, a current federal OSHA compliance officer of 20 years living near Baltimore, MD. I also have a small law practice on the side. Put simply, I came to the Rockies (around Jackson, Wy.) about ten years ago, and have been drawn to the area every year since. I am also an avid fly fishermen.

Bottom line is that I'm sick of living in the East and am seriously considering getting some raw land in the Ennis/Cameron area. I would leave tomorrow, but I believe if i did, I would still have to work for a living, not being a privileged character. I have also considered purchasing the land now and perhaps retiring there as well.

Would transplanting to Ennis or some similarly situated area be feasible, given my past career and skills or would I be setting myself up for disaster? My wife is an administrator at a drug treatment center and is capable of managing anything. I am told that Bozemen is about an hour drive from Ennis. If there are any attorneys out there, do you think I would starve as an OSHA consultant that also practices law? From an economic standpoint, would buying land in that area be a good investment right now? finally, given my situation, would there be any other areas of western Montana I should consider? Thank you in advance.
Does anyone know about the Ennis area? I have also seen a lot of discussion about the weather on either side of the "divide". What side of that divide would you consider Ennis to be on? I have also heard about issues regarding natural gas exploration in Montana. What areas of western Montana are most effected by NG exploration, that is , in a negative way...what are some of the problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,675,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead1 View Post
Does anyone know about the Ennis area? I have also seen a lot of discussion about the weather on either side of the "divide". What side of that divide would you consider Ennis to be on? I have also heard about issues regarding natural gas exploration in Montana. What areas of western Montana are most effected by NG exploration, that is , in a negative way...what are some of the problems?
I believe there are other threads about Ennis that you can research. If you take a look at the map link below, you'll see that the Divide veers off toward the west above Butte, and swings around along the spine of the Bitterroots before it goes east again. So Ennis is on the eastern side of the Divide. We have acquaintances who own a ranch in Ennis (well, they're retired folks, snow birds) who told us that come October, they're outta there because that's when snow flies. They return in May. We have talked with "real" locals who also said that you have to love the winter in order to make it in Ennis, because it is winter most of the year .
Printable GPS Map For Continental Divide Trail in Montana
But it is one of the most charming valleys I've visited in all of Western MT. Looking forward to more summer visits! Some nice lodges on the Madison at the edge of town.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:09 PM

239 posts, read 687,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's cathedral View Post
The key to the Montana Bar: Do not get cocky! Take it seriously and take the review course.

Jobs are another story. The easiest thing to do would be criminal and divorce as in most places. Check out other lawyers in Ennis and set what is going on.

Good Fortune.
Check to see if Montana is reciprocal with DC. The DC Bar is simply a background check. It works between DC and Washington, so give it a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana