Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 05:15 PM

5 posts, read 8,302 times

Advertisements

We are taking a trip out to the Conrad/Choteau the first two weeks in June, and I was hoping for some suggestions on what types of clothes to pack. From what I have seen the average temp. is in the 50's...does that sound about right? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 01:59 AM

173 posts, read 380,738 times
It'll be warmer than 50 guaranteed

Old 04-09-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2hoop View Post
It'll be warmer than 50 guaranteed
thanks! that is good to know. Would you say more like 60's?

Old 04-09-2011, 07:23 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,074,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu4 View Post
We are taking a trip out to the Conrad/Choteau the first two weeks in June, and I was hoping for some suggestions on what types of clothes to pack. From what I have seen the average temp. is in the 50's...does that sound about right? Thanks so much!
It helps to know what you are used to. In cold country, after putting up with sub-zero temps and high winds all winter, 50's is short sleeve weather and 60's has everybody in shorts.

In June, I would plan on a light jacket or sweater in the evening. Daytime should find you in temps that a jacket isn't needed unless it's windy or raining.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
It helps to know what you are used to. In cold country, after putting up with sub-zero temps and high winds all winter, 50's is short sleeve weather and 60's has everybody in shorts.

In June, I would plan on a light jacket or sweater in the evening. Daytime should find you in temps that a jacket isn't needed unless it's windy or raining.
Thank you so much, that is super helpful and much appreciated! We live in the east, and while it gets down in the single digits occasionally in the winter, I would imagine it is colder in MT. Thanks again!

Old 04-09-2011, 10:52 PM

213 posts, read 697,164 times
You'll see temps in the 50's at night, but in general you could expect 70's or higher during the day. That's my favorite thing about Montana summers - warm days and cool nights!

Old 04-22-2011, 05:05 PM

10 posts, read 85,889 times
June weather...... Well read my last post I mad alot of Montana's upset but here is june for you.... If you are coming early June June1-20 here is the kind of weather you will have. One day it could be 70 nice and sunny, next day 40 degrees windy, cloudy and snowy (we got alot of that last year and I sure we will get alot of that this year we are in a cooling trend !)
If it was me I would hang off until July hits... their is a saying in Montana we have winter and 4th of july, sometimes this cold crappy rainy snowy weather goes up until June 15th some times it lasts until July 4th (like last year!) My guess this year it will last until July.
Today it is April 22, 2011 and for the high it is 37 degrees and snowy and cloudy and windy, you get alot of that until JULY

Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 PM

213 posts, read 697,164 times
rckymtnair123 is just bitter about the weather right now, so take everything he says with a grain of salt.

40 degrees would be very, very unusual as a daytime temperature in June. It's true that the weather in June can vary a lot. It could be sunny and beautiful and in the 80's. It could be cool and rainy - but even if it's cool and rainy the chances are it will be in the 60's, not 40's, during the day. Snow in June has been known to happen, but it is pretty unusual unless you're at a very high elevation.

June is really the month where spring turns to summer in Montana, so if you come in early June, the rain and cooler temps are more likely and in late June you'd be more likely to see sun and warmer temps. I think the chances are in your favor that you'll find June in Montana very pleasant. The most important thing to remember is to bring a variety of clothes, because even when the days are hot the nights get chilly, so if you're out early in the morning things can be invigoratingly nippy!

Old 04-24-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckymtair123 View Post
June weather...... Well read my last post I mad alot of Montana's upset but here is june for you.... If you are coming early June June1-20 here is the kind of weather you will have. One day it could be 70 nice and sunny, next day 40 degrees windy, cloudy and snowy (we got alot of that last year and I sure we will get alot of that this year we are in a cooling trend !)
If it was me I would hang off until July hits... their is a saying in Montana we have winter and 4th of july, sometimes this cold crappy rainy snowy weather goes up until June 15th some times it lasts until July 4th (like last year!) My guess this year it will last until July.
Today it is April 22, 2011 and for the high it is 37 degrees and snowy and cloudy and windy, you get alot of that until JULY
Thanks so much for your input, I really appreciate it We are taking our trip In early June so that we can go to Whoop Up Days in Conrad. I hope the weather clears up for you soon!

Old 04-24-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo403 View Post
rckymtnair123 is just bitter about the weather right now, so take everything he says with a grain of salt.

40 degrees would be very, very unusual as a daytime temperature in June. It's true that the weather in June can vary a lot. It could be sunny and beautiful and in the 80's. It could be cool and rainy - but even if it's cool and rainy the chances are it will be in the 60's, not 40's, during the day. Snow in June has been known to happen, but it is pretty unusual unless you're at a very high elevation.

June is really the month where spring turns to summer in Montana, so if you come in early June, the rain and cooler temps are more likely and in late June you'd be more likely to see sun and warmer temps. I think the chances are in your favor that you'll find June in Montana very pleasant. The most important thing to remember is to bring a variety of clothes, because even when the days are hot the nights get chilly, so if you're out early in the morning things can be invigoratingly nippy!
Thank you so much for your response! "Invigoratingly nippy"....I like that Sounds like we should pack things that are easy to layer, that way we can be prepared no matter what. Hope you have a great week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana