Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 07:25 AM

22 posts, read 36,814 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm trying to do some business in Libby but the company has been slow about returning calls and emails. Actually the ladies have been very nice, it's the sales reps that haven't returned any communications. Quite frankly in this economy I'm surprised by this.

In the eventuality that they do call me back(fingers crossed), I'll need to make a trip out that way.

From what I see Greyhound goes to Kalispell but not Libby so I'd still need to figure out some way to get to Libby. Is there any form of transportation between Kalispell and Libby? What motels would you recommend in Libby? I need nothing fancy, just comfortable with internet access in between Greyhound runs.

I'd like to look at a bus there. If there are any mechanics familiar with buses I'd like to communicate with you. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 08:47 AM

213 posts, read 697,164 times
I believe Amtrak has a stop in Libby.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:46 AM

Thank you bongo. Looks like Greyhound to Kalispell and either rent a car or take Amtrak from there to Libby is my best bet. I got the phone call I was waiting for too so I definitely need to make travel arrangements!

Still open to motel suggestions and dining as well. I may be in the area for at least a couple of days. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,877,758 times
If you are going to be there a few days, you'll probably get a chance to try ALL the dining options.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM

7,382 posts, read 12,675,598 times
Absolutely rent a car, and after you're done talking business in Libby, drive west on Highway 2 toward Troy and look for the sign that says Kootenai Falls! It's only about 10 miles from Libby if I remember correctly. Treat yourself to one of the most amazing sights in the area; walk out on the hanging bridge and get a thrill! The river should be pretty high right now. Be cautious, though--no guard rails, no view decks, just the wild river and a winding mile-long trail full of tree roots ready to trap you...

Old 04-19-2011, 08:22 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,679,518 times
I have stayed here. Nice, internet, close to the Antler Restaurant, good chow.

Libby Montana hotels, Rodeway Inn hotel near Kootenai Falls, Libby MT 59923

I agree, beautiful views and drive...

Old 05-03-2011, 06:07 AM

Thanks for the responses and suggestions and I'm sorry for the tardy reply. It looks like I may(I hope!) be scheduling a trip out to Libby in the next couple of weeks. I'll definitely rent a car and drive out from Kalispell. I wanted to ride the train but I'm afraid of a delay causing me to miss the bus ride back.

I need to rent a diesel mechanic to inspect a vehicle that I might purchase in Libby. Is there anyone around that hires out to do pre-purchase vehicle inspections?

Old 05-03-2011, 09:03 AM

I know there is a Les Swab...might be worth a call.

Les Schwab Tire Center - Libby, MT - Car Repair in Libby, Montana

they might know of someone. Good luck and tell us how you like the area

Old 05-04-2011, 05:58 AM

Thanks Mt-7, I'll try them. I definitely need a diesel mechanic type person.

I've driven through the area before while I was a trucker and traveled through via bus but it's been a loooooooong time. I had wanted to move to Montana at one time but never got around to it.

I saw listings online for a couple of diesel shops in and around Libby so I'll call them too. I'd like to get some local feedback on any of those shops as well.

Also, I understand Amtrak has a commuter schedule built around it's freight schedule which means commuter rail is late most often. Is anyone privy to the late/on time schedule of the Libby stop?

Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 PM

Amtrak

just put in your cities and it will tell you the how the train is running, there is also a phone number on the site.

Out here it is always dependent on the weather
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana