Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:18 AM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,950,666 times

Advertisements

Our area is very mild but then there are a few places that may not be very good places to live (for us at least). I doubt that we would be very happy in places like De Borgia, Essex, Livingston, Browning or "Stab City" ! We like the Thompson Falls area a lot.
Below is a photo of that place.
Look at all that blue sky. There is a new fish ladder here not shown in this photo.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:40 AM

74 posts, read 127,736 times
Default Thompson Falls looks beautiful!

We had a spot of land to considered looking for property in Montana in Thompson Falls (wanted to get the heck of a big city in AZ). The spot seemed to be be just what we were looking for. Found another property however in another area that worked for us just perfect (plus we were under time constraints), so never got to see Thompson Falls unfortunately. Thanks for the photo! Georgeous photography and romantic city scape.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:55 PM

14 posts, read 26,671 times
Its really all in what you prefer weather wise. I wouldnt last a week in AZ even in January. Others would die in AK on the first day. I currently live in Southern CO where its hot, very dry and very windy from late March until July, the the wind may die down a little but it gets even hotter and drier and the whole state seems to be on fire at times. The fall comes if you call 70 and even 80 near November fall. We get a dusting of snow by December maybe and maybe 4-5 snows the rest of winter. But the snow is always gone by day 3 because its back in the 50s or 60. Oh and forget rain.....doesnt happen. So if you like it hot, dry, windy and dusty just about all year, come on down here. I have a place for you to live beacuse I am transferring to Missoula next week and cant wait for Montana's "horrible" weather.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:01 PM

Welcome to Montana and getting out of the heat. In California we used to say the mudslides were putting out the fires! The Santa Ana winds in So California blew the smog of So Cal into Phoenix. But I have to admit, the smog created a colorful sunset when on top of Squaw Peak hiking…real pretty I hate to say.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonind View Post
Welcome to Montana and getting out of the heat. In California we used to say the mudslides were putting out the fires! The Santa Ana winds in So California blew the smog of So Cal into Phoenix. But I have to admit, the smog created a colorful sunset when on top of Squaw Peak hiking…real pretty I hate to say.

If any wind blew smog from Southern California to Phoenix it sure as heck wasn't "Santa Ana winds".
The "Santanas" are "off shore" warm winds blowing the smog to the west out to sea.

A similar climatic pattern occurs with the chinooks along the front range of the northern Rockies, only those winds blow toward the east.
As the "Down sloping" wind compresses through the lowering of elevation it heats up giving the front range areas like Billings and great falls etc warm weather while western Montana may be freezing.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:08 PM

Default I'll buy that!

Awesome information and super interesting. I guess I believe what someone or people say and merely have fun just repeating it....as naive as that may be! Your story is way better.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:45 PM

Default For the OP ~♥~ here's the worst weather in the nation !

Here I am in northwest Montana, up early so I took a few photos this morning and one just a little while ago. ~♥~
Think of what the east coast and the midwest have to put up with.
I took these photos from my front porch barefoot and in a T-shirt.

Worst weather my ass !

Before sunrise the sun lights up the clouds.

Here the sun has just risen.

I took this one of our valley this after-noon. The only snow I see is on the
Mission Mountains in the distance beyond the ancient hills known as the
Salish Range. That worn down mountain range runs from Perma to Whitefish.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:28 PM

Nice.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 PM

Gotta love those so called "Banana Belts" and "Rain Shadows"

Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 PM

26,437 posts, read 46,684,434 times
I didn't realize Northwest MT was that semi-arid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana