Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 AM

4 posts, read 11,928 times

Advertisements

hi there i am from Ireland and going 2 billings 25 april anyone tell me whats it like thanks

Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,586,145 times
Well, it can be green and warm, grey and rainy, cold and snowy, possiblity of slush or floods or ice on the roads, kind of hard to say because each year is different.

Normally, the end of April is warm and green, usually some wind, but moderate temeratures in the 60F range during the day, upper 30s -low 40 F at night.

April can be very wet, either rain or snow or a combination, usually if it snows it doesn't stay for very long as the ground is starting to warm, but if we get an arctic blast from the north it can freeze and put ice on the roads.

If you plan on hiking in the mountains, be very careful because the snow is unstable at that time of year, and if it has been warm the bears could be starting to come out of hibernation, and they are very hungry when they do.
Plus roads into the forest or mountain areas can be a sea of mud in April. Just be forewarned, take precautions and be aware.

April in Billings is much warmer and more temperate than April in Bozeman due to elevation, so you should have a good trip.

Enjoy

Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,948,292 times
The original post is almost 2 years old but the climate has not changed very much in that time. The OP seems to think that the entire state of Montana has a uni-climate.

I carefully read his rant and have concluded that he has done at least, gross exaggerating but most of his info is outright bull-crap.
He is just a sore looser who couldn't make it here or at least did no homework before moving here.

By the way, as of the time of this post we are still in sandals and going out without jackets for short periods and we see the sun every day at times even when it's a so called cloudy day.
However we do live in a major rain shadow in the heart of western Montana's "Banana Belt"
I wonder if the OP is still stuck in his rut or did Montana chew up and spit out another one ?

Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 PM

684 posts, read 1,151,409 times
From a Billings resident: MTSilvertip's answer is right on correct.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,772,911 times
I think the rant at the start of this thread, is one of those people that want to scare people away from moving to Montana. Makes it sound like the place no one in their right mind would live. Truth is much stranger than fiction as they say, as what he was ranting about is a long way from the truth and pure fiction. I went shopping in Billings yesterday, and the weather was nice and sunny, with brilliant blue skies with just a few clouds. Ground was clear of snow. Over 50 degrees, with some wind but very pleasant. There are sure a lot of places in the country where things are a lot worse. He was ranting about how much rain there is. Truth is there is only 15 inches in a whole year, and people look forward to a rainy day once in a while to settle the dust. Snow there is only about 40 inches total, not like the snow in places like the North Eastern states, etc. So light and fluffy, I don't shovel it but use a leaf blower to clear the walks with hardly no effort. We get a snowy day and soon it is gone again. Billings, and near by is called as being in the Snow Shadow of the Rockies. Snows a lot west of here to the coast, and snows to the east of here. Drops the snow before it gets here, and waits till it is past the area to start snowing again is the normal pattern.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:41 PM

Default Troll Thread ??? I think so.

I am sitting in our front room looking out over our valley, (The Little Bitterroot Valley) and I see no snow at all .
There are many clouds but it's warm and there is plenty of sun despite the clouds. No jacket needed !
I think the person who started this thread is a either blatantly lying or has a very skewed perception of reality.
Perhaps we have been victims of a troll. Yes I think this IS a troll thread.

Last edited by DontLookPhoto; 02-06-2013 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: Added content. ~♥~

Old 02-06-2013, 05:40 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times
The OP hasn't visited since 2011. And then he apparently was contemplating moving to the Phoenix, AZ area. Boy Howdy! That would be a change! 7 months of the year in triple-digit temps...no thanks...but I hope he found what he was looking for...

Old 02-06-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
The OP hasn't visited since 2011. And then he apparently was contemplating moving to the Phoenix, AZ area. Boy Howdy! That would be a change! 7 months of the year in triple-digit temps...no thanks...but I hope he found what he was looking for...
I'm not as nice as you I hope he burns up down there, it would serve him fair dinkum for trashing our wonderful state.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM

122 posts, read 573,392 times
The OP's rant was just a skewed diatribe full of weather mythology and lacked any understanding of what weather can be expected above the 45th parallel.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM

684 posts, read 1,151,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
... So light and fluffy, I don't shovel it but use a leaf blower to clear the walks with hardly no effort ...

A leaf blower! Great idea; much better than shoveling. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana