Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:18 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,436,083 times

Advertisements

land in se montana can be had for $200-$500 per acre so for $800,000 you could buy over a thousand acres.most of eastern montana isnt real scenic though but you would have privacy since most counties in the eastern part of the state have under 2,000 people in the county
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 03:18 AM

29 posts, read 79,152 times
Hey, my husband is a very strong and experienced, still young, Head Ranch hand type ready to manage his first acreage solo as Ranch Manager. He is looking for that step-up promotion - He'd take $1400 monthly NET for the opportunity, plus the usual housing and utils paid with a 1/2 beef, and he'd run some cows for you too...make that ranch of yours very scenic and real! He could raise whatever else you like as well, whether you are there or not, and we have 2 strong boys to help us, ages 9 and 16 years. He is currently employed in Nebraska, we still own our house in Montana, renting it out right now.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:23 AM

29 posts, read 79,152 times
I know you said no working ranch, but we have a small youth ministry outreach to Hungry Horse boys and the like that would really benefit from employment/trades training on a working ranch. My husband could do a mini version for you....and whether you take him up on that or not, he is also a house builder and intends to keep doing about 1 house a year. He can easily do ranch infrastructure too - new, rebuild, repair, remodel, extend.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:18 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Hello all,

I would like to get some information on Montana ranches and Montana in general. I don't plan on moving there but I have thought of buying a ranch for a vacation retreat (currently live in a suburb of Phoenix). I really have no idea where to start though.

First: My budget would be up to $800,000. I'd like to spend less but I'd be willing to go that high (maybe a bit higher) for the perfect ranch.

Second: I'd like more than 400-500 acres (maybe in the thousands?). What does an acre run up there?

Third: I don't want a "working ranch". I have no intentions of raising livestock (lived on a farm in Iowa; been there, done that, hated it). I want a ranch with streams, beautiful mountians, and a serene place to relax. I wouldn't want to see neighbors for miles.

What exactly are "deeded acres"? I'm assuming that I own the acres...?

Again thank you for the advice, maybe in the near future I'll have a little slice of the big "sky" !
Seriously... keep your money. We have enough out of state land barons that want to buy up the landscape.

Why do you need soooo much? Why not a nice 20-40 acre spread?

Old 10-10-2008, 05:45 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,699,635 times
Why did someone dredge up a post that was 2 years old? Bored?

Old 10-10-2008, 07:57 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,682,331 times
Hands clapping in agreement

Old 10-10-2008, 08:14 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,757,159 times
Sometime a couple months ago the Administrator made a change to show "similiar threads" below the reply box. There's no age limit to what will show up in this box (as well as no limit on which forum they come from) and ever since people have been dredging up old threads from years ago.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:16 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,682,331 times
Oh well as the snow flies we need something to do

Old 10-10-2008, 10:01 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,169,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrees View Post
Sometime a couple months ago the Administrator made a change to show "similiar threads" below the reply box. There's no age limit to what will show up in this box (as well as no limit on which forum they come from) and ever since people have been dredging up old threads from years ago.
Yeah, I've done so by accident a few times, not realizing how old they were. Once I read thru one and found I'd already answered it.

But once in a while it brings up some topic that's still interesting but has fallen off the front page, so the links have some value there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana