Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 07:35 PM

485 posts, read 1,648,282 times

Advertisements

dc53 - Yes, I must agree with you. I am finding that Texas must be almost the cheapest place to live in. That must be why we have attracted the the type of people we have. Honestly is the weather weren't like it is, I could actually be happy here. I think it may be worth the extra expense to live in a comfortable climate. Thank you for responding, and keep me posted on what you find out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2006, 05:17 AM

138 posts, read 468,542 times
Robyn- I have tried to get in touch with friend/teacher, but no answer. I am going out of town for a few days- if I don't get in contact with you, PM me late next week just so I won't forget to ask her. Her mom has some chronic problems, and she has just gotten a new hip, so she might be busy. I won't forget, sometimes I am just slow!

Old 10-06-2006, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,678 times
Default Student Dilemma

Leaving your students is not a positive role...
Montana children need the values of a teacher that will stand the test of time..
Good Luck...

Old 10-06-2006, 09:35 PM

Conlanj - I'm confused about what you are referring to . I have taught in the same school district for nine years and I get new students every year. How is relocating over the summer leaving your students? Are you saying that the only good role model for students is one who lives in the exact same location their whole life? I'm sorry but I could write an entire novel about the incorrectness of your theory, if that is what you are saying. Please clarify your statement. This is a new attitude to me, because I've never heard of someone's character taking a negative hit because they chose to broaden their horizons.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:34 AM

462 posts, read 1,707,391 times
Robyn, I just spoke with my friend who left Michigan to return to Montana and got a teaching job in Helena. He apparently did it all online including the application. You need to go to this site and register and you can be informed any time a teaching position opens. http://www.opi.state.mt.us/ (broken link)

This was where he went and had jobs sent to him and then applied online with the forms they provided on that site.

Good luck with that and keep us posted how it goes.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:42 PM

Smile Extreme Gratitude

I greatly appreciate your help ladyflyfsh. I was very excited to find this out. I will register today. Also, I appreciate you and others who are friendly and helpful, instead of telling me to stay away from Montana. Every post I've read, with the exception of a couple, shows evidence that the people of Montana are indeed friendly and welcoming.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:29 PM

51 posts, read 230,877 times
There are lots of teaching jobs in the NE part of Mt. If you are interested I can give you the names of towns and principles -- you won't have a hard time finding a job. Also this area is very country/cowboy and your husband would love the wide open spaces and plains. Yes, it can get cold but the air is dry and there isn't much snow here. I have a post on that says house for sale. I am actually looking to retire near Bandera, Tx. Would love to communicate with you or anyone else who can give me info on houses and jobs.
Good luck with your job search and if I can help let me know. I totally disagree with the man who said MT is high priced --- not this part of MT but yes the western part is high priced and very expensive living. We are still part of the uncrowded, low crime, slowpaced and friendly NE Montana. Welcome one and all --- you'll love it here!!

Old 11-01-2006, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,431 times
Wink desperately seeking an answer!

I just registered to post on this site. My sister and I are currently living in Medford Oregon and are seriously considering moving to Billings Mt, but would like an opinion other than the chamber of commerce. Since we are semi retired employment is not an issue but what is the weather like year round and what is your over-all feeling about the city. Any information is gratefully received

Old 12-05-2006, 11:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,864 times
Default TX to Mt

Hi, we moved to Glendive MT from the DFW area and have been here for over a year now. I grew up in Denison Sherman area by Red River. Our relocation was job driven. I can say that the sense of community here in Glendive is incredible, people will come togethor and make things happen for the good of the town, people in need, childrens sports and cultural activities. If there is a need it is met. The teachers are great. The school paperwork is one tenth what we had to fill out in TX and the kids actually get to be kids and teachers do not have to watch every p and q that comes out of their mouth. The states park is awesome, the sunset and sunrise to die for. You can see the stars in the sky. People know who you are everywhere you go long before you know their names.
Cost of living varies. Groceries are higher, you save money shopping as you drive 100+ miles to walmart or mall. Homers are older and you cannot really compare. We sold a 250 home and bought at 120. One is close to 100 ears old the other was three years old. They are both large. My best advie to anyone who makes the move is get involved in community and stay that way.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,864 times
Glendive has Dawson county college, fairly large school district, state park and Yellowstone river. Close to Fort Peck Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana