Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 AM

9 posts, read 8,909 times

Advertisements

Here we go again you all, wanted to head out of here last fall and now we are in to spring. Point being, still at ends with rain and relentless mold here. I do not care a bit about any thing else than mold. I have been slowly gathering boxes and packing where I am now on Oregon North Coast, less than two weeks ago I set some boxes in my spare room to discover tonite they had gathered a coating of green/white mold on exterior. Has any one in the counties experienced this the season now? I have followed some weather patterns from the North and seems as this was a rather "mild winter" for you on the West to mid South side. Am I wrong on analogy ? Still so very ready to go as the "feeling/call to leave here= has not changed, now is the time. Please tell me if mold grows so rapidly within a short period this season. IE: accumulation is no moisture from obvious source than weather. I picked through some things tonight and continued to breifly wear clothing of process and found reaction then intolerance and discard. Weird stuff all, I am no puss but this is getting worse and why hang for a financial season to compensate for lack during winter when I can pull all roots and go to where my soul has beencalling me for over the past few years. Just do not want to go from "No matter where you go there you are"- Spring is here and this is definite choice time.Your State offers so many goals to which I desire to achieve(tech school) and human nature is more into natural instinct, just asking how the durn mold stuff has hit you all this year. PS- still remember and consiter prior input. Thanks again- Other wise maybe S Central US- geez u guys this is crazy stuff here, put on clothes from closet and they are wet. Yes a humidifire helps at cost un pro importunate

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 10:19 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,566,220 times
No rapid mold growth. Montana air tends to be dry.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:00 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,953,519 times
To the OP, You will not escape mold (including the notorious black mold) by moving to Montana.
We are in a property search and have been doing property inspections regularly and I see black mold in basements and crawl spaces in many of the places we have looked at.
If you can access the mold, it can be remediated. We recently sold a building we owned to a city on the east side of the Rocky Mountains near the Blackfeet Reservation and we had to disclose the mold that was in the basement in the sale contract. That is supposed to be the "dry side" of Montana so you can bet that there is plenty of mold to be found on the west side.
We live in a very arid pocket on the Flathead Reservation and there is black mold in several of the houses in our town that are for sale. Even the Grange Building has a mold problem I was told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana