Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 01:58 AM

791 posts, read 1,158,087 times

Advertisements

What type of food & other stores in Livingston? Any Fast food places? Any sporting goods stores? Any road side wildlife have to watch out for driving down to Gardiner? Planning Yellowstone summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 10:38 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,566,220 times
Livingston Montana - Top Ten Best Outdoor Town - MSN - Livingston Area Chamber of Commerce should provide some insight.

Deer are the most common roadside wildlife but you might encounter moose, elk, or even a buffalo near Gardiner.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:54 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,953,519 times
I know one thing, the last time I was in Livingston on a business trip I ended up having to chase my favorite hat for about a quarter of a mile !

Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,639,022 times
Agree that deer would be the most you would have to watch for but be prepared for anything else. As far as food goes, there are fast food such as McDonalds, Taco Bell and Hardees. Better fast food would be the Pop Stand a few miles out on the way to Gardiner or Marks In & Out downtown (yummy)! For fine dining, you cannot beat the Montana Rib & Chop house down the street from Marks In & Out. For a "historical" experience, go the The Grand, also downtown. There are quite a few sporting goods stores, fly fishing specialty stores and touristy sporting stores.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:49 PM

10,349 posts, read 14,025,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowstoneDate View Post
What type of food & other stores in Livingston? Any Fast food places? Any sporting goods stores? Any road side wildlife have to watch out for driving down to Gardiner? Planning Yellowstone summer.
There are two grocery stores in town and the fast food places are Arby's, McDonald's, Subway, and Taco John's. You do want to watch for deer on the side of the roads as well as the occasional elk or moose, although these are not common in the summer in lower elevations. There is no Taco Bell and Hardee's has been closed for a few years. The Pop Stand and Mark's in and Out are still open. The Grand is in Big Timber and I've heard it's pretty good.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:19 PM

3 posts, read 6,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
Agree that deer would be the most you would have to watch for but be prepared for anything else. As far as food goes, there are fast food such as McDonalds, Taco Bell and Hardees. Better fast food would be the Pop Stand a few miles out on the way to Gardiner or Marks In & Out downtown (yummy)! For fine dining, you cannot beat the Montana Rib & Chop house down the street from Marks In & Out. For a "historical" experience, go the The Grand, also downtown. There are quite a few sporting goods stores, fly fishing specialty stores and touristy sporting stores.
Yes, Mark's in and out is awesome, there however is no Taco Bell in Livingston, no Hardees either. There is a McDonalds and an Arby's. Montana Rib and Chop is really good, so is Gils, it used to be a gift shop, now is a restaurant using sustainable resources, and locally raised meat produce, etc. Great food and coffee at Gils.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:49 PM

791 posts, read 1,158,087 times
When I drive from North Carolina to Denver Up to Billings, Montana. Then down to Livingston to Yellowstone. I will make sure to stop for last fast food store lunch before Yellowstone Summer.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:04 PM

10,349 posts, read 14,025,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowstoneDate View Post
When I drive from North Carolina to Denver Up to Billings, Montana. Then down to Livingston to Yellowstone. I will make sure to stop for last fast food store lunch before Yellowstone Summer.
If you're going to be working in Yellowstone Livingston is only 52 miles away. You can make multiple trips on your days off. There are also plenty of scenic areas in Paradise Valley definitely worth checking out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana