Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 09:13 AM

23 posts, read 72,803 times

Advertisements

that's the one i'm calling today. Caboose does have good reviews and I guess close to everything.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,426 times
Hello, I am a journalist from Connecticut that is interviewing for a job in Libby, Montana- CT unemployment is around 9%-this of course doesn't include the number of people that have exhausted their unemployment. I have heard that the cost of living is low in Lincoln County, but I wanted to ask about the propensity for a casual social life-any good bars, fun places to meet other people? I am 30. Pretty much everywhere in the country it is tough, and I imagine (14% unemployment in MO I have heard?) it is no different in Lincoln County. That being said, what is the average cost of living for a good apartment
(2 bedroom), gas, insurance, etc...? Are there movie theatres in Lincoln County? A good mix of young people and senior citizens?

I can be reached at [email]stuhlmana3@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 07-22-2013, 03:19 PM

23 posts, read 72,803 times
Just booked in the Caboose for 7 nights. Their rates on line are not correct.. It's 82.00 with tax per night.. They have a 6% AAA discount which we took advantage of.. The guy who booked us named Doug was very friendly and talkative.. Wasnt in a hurry to get off the phone.. So far everyone we have talked to loves to talk and very friendly.. My husband says probably because they dont get alot of outsiders adn love to see people...LOL.. he was joking though. He did say that younger families are moving away because of lack of works.. It's a great retirement community and if you dont need a job it's a great place to live.. He was upbeat and positive and found out that the wildlife comes right into town. the game warden had to get a black bear removed from their parking lot because it was going in the dumpster and making a mess.. Love them black bear.. WE had them in your land in PA on the mountain and somedays we had the cleanest trashin the area.. Cans would be scattered everywhere and licked clean...LOL.. I never did see a bear in our trash but that was not where there was much light when it got dark and the critters came out.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:01 PM

29 posts, read 43,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb89509 View Post
bushmtn, no, I've only made it as far as Bozeman. :-( My daughter graduates high school in five years, (she lives with her mom). I told her daddy would wait till then before he moved "back out west", so I'm stuck in the third world country that is known as South Florida. Needless to say I've got plenty of time to do research. I'm only looking to purchase a lot or acreage at this point. I would like to buy sooner then later because I would think prices will only increase over time. The idea scenario of course would be to buy an "unimproved" lot and hope that in the 5 year interim utilities, at least electric service gets closer. I would think drilling a well and having a propane tank are part of the bargain of living in the "boonies". ;-)

You probably have these links or more. If you do let me know!

Montana Land Office - Whitefish real estate and Northwest Montana MLS listings

Troy, Bull Lake, and Libby, Real Estate - Tracy Nicely

Troy, Montana Real Estate, real estate for sale in troy montana | homes for sale in troy montana | mountain homes for sale in troy montana | troy | montana | land | property | homes | land for sale in troy montana | mountain property | ranches for sa
Hi... Just wanted to interject a comment... I lived in Stevensville Montana in 89 . It was the most beautiful place imaginable in spring and summer. But we had nine months of snow and fifteen foot snow drifts, I kid you not. The people were loners and not too friendly . Nearest neighbors were miles away. If you love nature and self reliance... This could be a great place. Whatever you decide, good luck and god bless!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana