Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 06:35 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times

Advertisements

I just checked Boseman and yea Anchorage is totally out of control. It is possible that real estate could take a dump with oil prices but I will believe it when I see it. The university here is playing catch up but they are doing it so this could be a good place to stay but right now I will be an old man trying to pay something off here unless I want to live in a place that I have to remodel for the next decade.

Plus hangar space here will never be affordable, the people that own it are not motivated sellers and even if things tank they will keep the 120k price tags up for an old t hangar so that presents some serious issues for me since I have a plane that has to be hangared (hence my screen name). I would also be closer to afton which would be nice.

If I were retired it would be cool to be close to MSU but its not worth a half million dollars for a house to do it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Sad to report, real estate prices tend to be rather high, unless you're out in the boonies, then it's pretty variable. Tho when I checked prices in Alaska, it was surprisingly comparable.

MSU had one of the first particle accelerators. I remember because it was on the grand tour they gave us new prospects, back in 1972.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 07:25 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,169,229 times
There's a subdivision next to the Rosamond CA municipal airport that runs all along the main runway, and is geared entirely toward private pilots. Under the subdiv's rules, you're required to have a hangar! It's actually quite a nice setup.

Oh, speaking of that, there was a unit for sale last year at the Ennis airport, I think they were asking like $160k for the hangar (fairly new) and 5 acres.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:56 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Was that a hangar home or just a hangar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
There's a subdivision next to the Rosamond CA municipal airport that runs all along the main runway, and is geared entirely toward private pilots. Under the subdiv's rules, you're required to have a hangar! It's actually quite a nice setup.

Oh, speaking of that, there was a unit for sale last year at the Ennis airport, I think they were asking like $160k for the hangar (fairly new) and 5 acres.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:26 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
We hit most of the popular spots in the past week, Bozeman, Kalispell, and Red Lodge. We enjoyed Libby and Whitefish. It was the most delightful vacation. We always have a list for the next trip. Places to go, adventures. Glad it is a day's drive.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Was that a hangar home or just a hangar?
Just a hangar, tho I vaguely recall that it had some basics like a bathroom and septic.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:47 PM

21 posts, read 29,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
As long as it's not Californians or Floridians I'm fine.

If you couldn't get a job in Florida with your neck tattoo what makes you think your prospects up here will be much better? And it's not like trailers and low cost living are an option here.

But but but, I want to move there from Commifornia, and vote democrap and liberal, and build a star*ucks on every corner.......... Just kidding if I wanted that crap I would already be in Heaven, but its not heaven, its hell, and I want out!

Please please please let me consider living "FREE" in your state. I have no tattoos.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:00 AM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times
Anyone who wants to move from Norco is sane as far as I'm concerned...Ironically, Norco had ranches and lots of open country until just a few years ago. A great Wild West festival every year. And then it all went away...

Old 09-07-2015, 09:06 AM

Still some dairy farms around Norco, at least as of last time I was there about 4 years ago, and a big egg producer. But even that was very rapidly going away. I'd like to know what people expect to eat once all the productive ground is paved over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana