Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,169,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over_MT View Post
I have grown up in MT, primary and secondary education in Great Falls and have been living in Bozeman for the past 5 years going to MSU and its true, as soon as I graduate I am out of here for the fact that I want to make a good living.... that and the winters are starting to get to me. I wish I could find a job where I could work in the south during the winters and back in MT during the summers. There is nothing I love more than a MT summer.
Same here! Great Falls had wonderful schools when I was growing up there -- how are they now? I went to Lincoln, East Jr.High, and GFHS. Haven't seen a better system anywhere, before or since. MSU rates pretty well in my book, too.

And I moved south cuz I couldn't make a living What are you studying at MSU? I majored in biochem/microbiology, which was interesting but ultimately not useful since I wound up as a professional dog trainer instead. -- My sister got her architorture degree at MSU, and still recruits MSU grads for her firm as her first choice. (Well, when they're not laying people off, like they've been doing lately. I sure wouldn't count on CA as a job market -- MT may be better right now!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 06:04 AM

11 posts, read 26,461 times
Starbucks, movies, shopping, pounding city streets and dodging city traffic on street systems created for horses and carriages, overpriced boutiques and gourmet restaurants are found in Montana. Try Missoula or Helena. Then there are the so called "quaint towns" more of which are becoming big city wannabes. When they say Montana, the last great place, they mean it, but in the past tense. I admit that I haven't lived in Bozeman, but if it's another college town like Missoula forget it unless you're looking for the items in the first sentence. Here's a suggestion before you move anywhere. Subscribe to the local newspaper of the area where you're thinking about moving. If it's on line, save money and use that. Especially check the letters to the editors and the on line comments. If there are no letters or only drooling lovey comments, stay away from that place. That's a good indication that the people are afraid to speak their minds publicly even if anonymously.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:28 PM

309 posts, read 991,752 times
Two days after I moved into a house in the Swan from Wyoming it snowed a foot. Over the next three days another two feet. In February I had to climb onto the roof and pull the snow off of it for fear the roof would collapse. No gutters but plenty of icicles reaching down almost to the ground. Come April that first snow was still on the ground! I wasn't in windy, wild Wyoming anymore. It felt more like NW Indiana near where I grew up with the high humidity and cloudy skies for months on end. Then there's the bone chilling cold.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:49 AM

36 posts, read 141,335 times
I have a love hate relationship with MT. I have been here 7 years and for the most part it has been ok. But the winters can be long and brutal and the part if the state I live in the snow blows in sideways most of the time.
However, people are generally friendly in the small communities around where I live, and the Summers are awesome. I love being near the mountains and the great fly fishing.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:01 AM

309 posts, read 991,752 times
Sush! Don't tell anyone else about it. Let them go to Wyoming or Idaho.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:36 AM

214 posts, read 602,069 times
Back to original question: To get out of states like yours with circular highways!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana