Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,185 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your honest replies. I was raised in Canada and so am not worried about the weather and completely understand cabin fever. My husband is retired LEO and I am a healthcare worker. There will always be racism, but I want to avoid an openly hostile living environment. I wholly respect others beliefs and just want to be offered the same courtesy wherever we live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 04:14 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,109,717 times
You want that, but others in a small isolated community may not see it your way.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:18 AM

10 posts, read 11,508 times
That's pretty much my experience in Trego. Been to Polson, Kalispell, etc.

You found five restaurants good enough to eat at again? Lucky!

I'm aiming to move back to one of the previous lively interesting places, where there are things to do, no long drives, even live without a car: Fort Collins, Boulder, Socorro NM.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:52 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,163,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenUFOPilot View Post
You found five restaurants good enough to eat at again? Lucky!
Yeah, I laughed at that too. More likely there are a dozen one-counter greasy spoons (or bars with a burger grill on the side) that cater to a set crowd of regulars and don't care what anyone else likes, and a Mickey D's out on the highway for the tourists.

I think it boils down to:

If you're an introvert and like seeing the same people (or no people) every day, and enjoy long stretches of isolation from the rest of the world, you'll think small-town/rural Montana is heaven.

If you're an extrovert and regularly need new people and new things to stimulate your life, you'll be bored out of your mind, and will think you've landed in a hell with no escape.

There are lots of shades between, but most people tilt one way or the other. Unfortunately some don't find out which way they tilt til they experience the opposite, and are consequently miserable until they go somewhere more to their liking.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:39 AM

233 posts, read 277,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
Said it hundreds of times before But if racism or being gay is of concern in finding a place to live its best to just stick with those areas that clearly support your lifestyle. It would be more comfortable for you not having to worry. Or just take a risk and enjoy life
Yeah, what he said.

Old 04-28-2021, 03:36 PM

5,586 posts, read 5,017,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveall21 View Post
We currently live in Nevada and are looking at building in Polson. We are very easy going, friendly and inclusive people that get along with almost anyone. One of my concerns about living there is that we are an interracial couple. I'm white and my husband is black. What is the general climate there regarding inclusivity and racism?
What part of Nevada? Lots of snow there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana