Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 10:10 AM

17 posts, read 83,187 times

Advertisements

Dear Folks,

I am need information on Montana.

My wife and I were raised in northern New Jersey in the 70's and 80's. We have lived in eastern pa for a decade. It agriculture and very conservative atmosphere suited us. Lately we have been run over by people trying to get out of NYC 80 miles away. For 2 years we have been looking to move to Montana. I have good job in the skilled trades. I have sent out resumes and I am starting to get responses.

Does anyone have any opinions about where a family who loves God, horses and working in the construction/maintenance field should look to settle?

Thank You

Mr. Wannabemt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2007, 10:48 AM

51 posts, read 230,831 times
Default Moving??

Hi!!

Just have to post a reply to your questions. Please don't judge Montana on the first response you got.
You may want to look at eastern Montana especially the NE corner of the state. We are rural and ag related but a very progressive and welcoming community. You will find many who are nice people with strong family and religous committments.
Job market is growing here with wind farm and possible oil refinerry in the works. Also good jobs in construction, health, education and technial related fields.
Family activities include school (also good home schools here), church, hockey, school sports, soccer, skateboard park, new swimming pool coming, recreation center, hunting, fishing and boating at Fort Peck and lots of community things like parades, fairs, holiday events etc.
Hope this helps and you would be most welcome in Glasgow!!

Old 01-09-2007, 07:30 AM

529 posts, read 1,892,129 times
I can say pretty much the same for Great Falls.... in that there are plenty of good folks here and tons of things to do.

Just go online and type in Glasgow, Montana, Billings, Montana, Great Falls, Montana or any other town that strikes your interest in Montana, and you will get any needed info.....

Old 01-11-2007, 09:37 AM

15 posts, read 65,309 times
Look for a company online called AvMax. I think they're hiring here.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:18 AM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,254,151 times
Default Where

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskylaw View Post
Look for a company online called AvMax. I think they're hiring here.
Where's "here"? Are they hiring all over the state or somewhere specific?

Old 01-11-2007, 10:51 AM

15 posts, read 65,309 times
Whoops! Great Falls.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:36 PM

17 posts, read 83,187 times
Thank you for your reply.My wife and I value the help you have given us.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:14 PM

AvMax Group Inc., a Calgary, Alberta headquartered aircraft maintenance company, announced plans to expand in Great Falls in December 2005. AvMax plans to expand in three phases over a three year period at Great Falls International Airport. Phase one has AvMax renovating a vintage World War II hangar and becoming operational by April 1, 2006. Phases two and three of the expansion will begin shortly thereafter. AvMax will employ 80 in Great Falls following phase one and plan to ramp up to 200 when phases two and three are completed.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:42 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftShoppeGuy View Post
AvMax Group Inc., a Calgary, Alberta headquartered aircraft maintenance company, announced plans to expand in Great Falls in December 2005. AvMax plans to expand in three phases over a three year period at Great Falls International Airport. Phase one has AvMax renovating a vintage World War II hangar and becoming operational by April 1, 2006. Phases two and three of the expansion will begin shortly thereafter. AvMax will employ 80 in Great Falls following phase one and plan to ramp up to 200 when phases two and three are completed.
GiftShoppeGuy...are there any aircraft mechanic schools/community colleges in Montana to train people who would want to work for this company...

Old 01-16-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
GiftShoppeGuy...are there any aircraft mechanic schools/community colleges in Montana to train people who would want to work for this company...
University of Montana - Helena College of Technology
1115 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59601

http://www.umhelena.edu/Portals/0/StudentServices/aviation.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana