Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:55 AM

151 posts, read 459,863 times

Advertisements

What does everyone here think of the coming oil boom in eastern Montana and western North Dakota? It makes me wish I had purchased land and mineral rights in this region last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 11:42 AM

369 posts, read 1,455,158 times
"Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less." I think it's great!!

Check it out at American Solutions for Winning the Future

Last edited by grizzfan; 07-05-2008 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: wrong www link; put in correct link

Old 07-05-2008, 03:01 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,756,358 times
Resource extraction has a long history in Montana....years ago a company came around and made offers to buy a lease to extract the natural to his property for a small fee. It was an interesting question, because it was guaranteed money up front and highly likely that no gas would ever be found. But if gas was found on neighboring properties, then the value of a lease would go up really high.

After the company spent several years looking for natural gas, they gave up and moved on, so a bunch of people made out fairly well on that deal.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:32 PM

151 posts, read 459,863 times
Smile land for sale in eastern Montana

It makes me want to buy land in that region. If you know someone looking to sell land, send me a private message.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:08 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,070,967 times
Buy all the land you want but the chances are next to nil to get the mineral rights with it. You could end up with a nice house some where and an oil well could be drilled in your back yard. You may or may not get any royalties.

Check out the new car that is supposed to get 282 MPG ! (VW) . Another one of interest is the air car from India. We are Americans and soon we won't have any use for petroleum at all. Walk, Bike, chop wood whatever ! In the mean time drill the heck out of everywhere (except in my backyard of coarse ) ! Don't let the libs/ecos fool you into thinking that drilling now wont lower prices now, The futures market will dump and so will prices overnight.
Meanwhile we will absorb the higher energy costs. We (The Americans) will invent our way out of this crunch, after all we have the American ingenuity and we are so much better looking than everybody else !!!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGerardo View Post
It makes me want to buy land in that region. If you know someone looking to sell land, send me a private message.
As Rickers said below, the mineral rights are often separate from the surface rights of property. When investigating purchasing land, you will want to ensure that the mineral rights are included if you are interested in mineral extraction.

With the recent stories of millionaires in North Dakota, I believe the chances of getting a bargain on land in Montana that includes mineral rights to be nil.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:04 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,070,967 times
Speaking of oil or our apparent lack of it anymore. Has anyone else besides me noticed a dramatic increase of folks riding bikes and walking lately ? Our town is pretty tiny and I've seen a lot more bike riding lately.
And did I mention that we are much better looking than everyone else ? Maybe not smarter than everyone else anymore, but definitely much better looking !
Sorry about the cheap humor but I have to do something to keep from going postal during this rough inflationary period !

Old 07-06-2008, 09:29 AM

369 posts, read 1,455,158 times
Rickers states:
Quote:
We are Americans and soon we won't have any use for petroleum at all.
I think Rickers was trying to be funny, but the sad fact is that many people equate crude oil only with driving cars and heating homes. Crude oil is the base for many plastics, fertilizers, cosmetics, medicines and a host of other necessities.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzfan View Post
Rickers states:

I think Rickers was trying to be funny, but the sad fact is that many people equate crude oil only with driving cars and heating homes. Crude oil is the base for many plastics, fertilizers, cosmetics, medicines and a host of other necessities.
That's ok, one poster on here says we can make all that from hemp so we'll be fine.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 7,893 times
I have inherited the mineral rights to land in Richland county Montana. Does anyone have any idea what I should do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana