Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,688,606 times

Advertisements

I've only been living in Montana for 2 weeks, and since my arrival, and i've noticed this with visits here, my sinuses stay jacked up while i'm here. As a resident now, i'm concerned. I have an allergy to cow's milk but I know what to eat and I know it's not my milk allergy that is giving me problems. In the past, I had fewer sinus issues in dry climates. I lived in El Paso for 2 years and my allergy problems were minimal, whereas Dallas, they were kind of rough. I've yet to experience a sinus problem free day here in Montana. I can't seem to find anything on the net in conjunction with this area or the state in regards to sinus issues. Anyone have any insight in to my problem? Could it be the region or just an adjustment to the region?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 08:12 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,755,889 times
Let's see, you're in Butte. Perhaps your allergic to arsenic, lead, mercury, or radon?

Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 PM

139 posts, read 472,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrees View Post
Let's see, you're in Butte. Perhaps your allergic to arsenic, lead, mercury, or radon?
And don't forget the altitude. I had the same problems coming back to Montana from sea-level. But, it is funny that this issue has come up, because I've been back in Montana for two years now.....and I have sinus problems during this time of year, which I've never had before and I grew up here.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:27 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,365 times
It could be that most folks here have wood or pellet stoves. Whenever we crank up the wood stove each fall, my sinuses go on over time.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 PM

624 posts, read 1,161,668 times
Default Sinus

I used to have terrible sinus problems, but that was when I was smoking. You didn't mention that, just asking.

Also, I think some air conditioning systems cause it, when growing up we didn't have central air conditioning, never had sinus pains.

Only after being in a central air conditioned home , did my sinus start.

Some of the worst headaches I have ever had in my life came from sinuses.

Hope yours gets better , maybe Montana air has something to do with it?

Last edited by Sunset_Va; 10-15-2008 at 09:32 PM..

Old 10-15-2008, 09:06 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,256,790 times
I've never been to Montana but maybe it's stress, not stuff in the air. I moved to St. Louis this summer and after I got one a sinus infection almost right away. I'm fine now. I think my immune system was down due to the stress of moving. Feel better soon!

Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,688,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset_Va View Post
I used to have terrible sinus problems, but that was when I was smoking. You didn't mention that, just asking.

Also, I think some air conditioning systems cause it, when growing up we didn't have central air conditioning, never had sinus pains.

Only after being in a central air conditioned home , did my sinus start.

Some of the worst headaches I have ever had in my life came from sinuses.

Hope yours gets better , maybe Montana air has something to do with it?
I don't smoke and it's not central air. Prior to moving here every place i've lived i've lived in central air. But with that said, where i'm staying now doesn't have central air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
I've never been to Montana but maybe it's stress, not stuff in the air. I moved to St. Louis this summer and after I got one a sinus infection almost right away. I'm fine now. I think my immune system was down due to the stress of moving. Feel better soon!
Stress could be a factor. I moved to Chicago, 2 weeks later my dad died, then 2 weeks after he died I returned to Chicago only to find I didn't have a place to live, so I had to move again (so I moved here). I have a few other issues that I won't mention but stress would be putting it lightly. In the past 3 months i've stayed the night in 7 states, at 14 different places. The past 90 days have been hell to say the least.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:27 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,804,155 times
I spent 5 weeks in Montana a couple of years ago and had the same problem. Also random nose bleeds. Also had the problem in WY and Colorado. It was the altitude and low humidity that caused my issue.
Maybe a humidifier in your house would help.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:12 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
I second the humidifier in your home. The air is dry and if you are coming from an area that is more humid then you need moisture. Also a saline nose spray will help. Good Luck! Remember that you need to stay hydrated so drink lots of water.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,243,787 times
Get a saline nasal spray from the drugstore, it is harmless and will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana