Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 5,518 times

Advertisements

And jenzebel, I bet your attitude would change also if this happened to you- my daughter was 18 months old and split her eyebrow open. She was bleeding like crazy and we had to wait 3 1/2 hours in the emergency room before she was even LOOKED at. Why? Because of the illegals who were there because they use the Emergency Room as a doctor's office. 3 1/2 hours with a bleeding 18 month old, watching these people with runny noses and a cough go in front of us because they were there first, because an emergency room can't turn them away. Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM

281 posts, read 870,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CominHome View Post
And jenzebel, I bet your attitude would change also if this happened to you- my daughter was 18 months old and split her eyebrow open. She was bleeding like crazy and we had to wait 3 1/2 hours in the emergency room before she was even LOOKED at. Why? Because of the illegals who were there because they use the Emergency Room as a doctor's office. 3 1/2 hours with a bleeding 18 month old, watching these people with runny noses and a cough go in front of us because they were there first, because an emergency room can't turn them away. Think about it.
This is horrible, and yes, I too have been there with my own child. I sat in a waiting room nearly all night long as she continued to vomit and dehydrate, while they took in others who were not even showing signs of illness. I couldn't say if those people were illegals, because *I* can't tell by looking at a hispanic person. But one thing for certain is, I do not support illegals coming and using up our resources and bringing in crime with them. And I definately do not have the answer on how to fight it, other than go through our state reps or government.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:15 PM

121 posts, read 391,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CominHome View Post
Actually, I've had to wait that long here in Montana. I've had to wait for people with the sniffles while I sat there with a broken bone. It's called welfare medicine, and it happens in nearly every emergency room in the country.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:45 PM

43 posts, read 137,147 times
I didnt start this thread to get a race war going it started as a post to encourge people to take control of there on future and follow the dream there is always so many people on here with the {Im going to do} mentality that maybe our move would motovate others and the fact is we have worked our #$@% off to do this its not all about the mexican invasion here its about 2 grown people working and choosing to raise there family where they please and choosing who and what type people they want to live around and its not blatin law breakers we started planning this before there was any illegals here thats why we bought into the internet busisness to secure our future from any area but we leave Gulf Shores Alabama in less than 48 hours for a 3 day drive to our promise land and well take what ever it holds/////////////////// MICHAEL AND SONA BLUE KALISPELL MONTANA

Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 PM

5 posts, read 12,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenzebel View Post
Actually, I've had to wait that long here in Montana. I've had to wait for people with the sniffles while I sat there with a broken bone. It's called welfare medicine, and it happens in nearly every emergency room in the country.

Somebody better call the waaabulance.

You're on welfare? No wonder.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:41 PM

121 posts, read 391,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTTX View Post
Somebody better call the waaabulance.

You're on welfare? No wonder.

NO I'M NOT ON WELFARE AND NEVER HAVE BEEN.

Why does it not surprise me that you didn't understand the point I was making. I was saying that I had to wait in an emergency room behind people on welfare that use emergency rooms like a doctor's office much like Cominhome said she had to because of illegal immigrants. The point I was trying to make is emergency room waits can be tremendous anywhere because of illegal immigrants, people on welfare etc. It is not just a big city problem.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,040,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenzebel View Post

NO I'M NOT ON WELFARE AND NEVER HAVE BEEN.

Why does it not surprise me that you didn't understand the point I was making. I was saying that I had to wait in an emergency room behind people on welfare that use emergency rooms like a doctor's office much like Cominhome said she had to because of illegal immigrants. The point I was trying to make is emergency room waits can be tremendous anywhere because of illegal immigrants, people on welfare etc. It is not just a big city problem.
It is interesting that this came up, a couple of years ago I was talking with some people who ranged from medical office people to insurance to schools and we were discussing this very subject. It was said that the amount of people on "public assistance" in this valley was one of the highest in the nation. This includes medicaid,welfare,reduced lunch,food stamps etc (medicaid being the biggest). I think it is also telling that there is virtually no illegal problem here (yet) so these people are local residents. I have to believe that the majority of these people are not deadbeats just that they fall into the group that are under employed which supports the fact that we are 47th-48th in the nation for income.... Now since serious growth has begun we have what, unemployment at 3% and people are still working 2-3 jobs to survive. I see wages slowly rising (very slowly) and would hope that employers soon realize this is not the economy of yesteryear.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:21 PM

43 posts, read 137,147 times
we have made it to kalispell and we love it its all we hoped it would be the people are so freindley and wow is it pretty

Old 06-21-2007, 05:21 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,040,028 times
I'm glad you made it, hope you had a safe trip.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:53 PM

4 posts, read 21,318 times
Default Happy for jandjblue!

I'm happy for you jandjblue. You had a dream, acted on it and followed through. I hope your time so far has still been everything you dreamed.

My husband and I live in Maryland and have thought over the last year or so about seriously moving. Maryland is an expensive state, to say the least. We absolutley hate the heat and humidity here. We love the cooler weather and snow!!! I was wondering how the summer months have been.
How are things price-wise as far as groceries and stuff like that? Taxes: Sales, property, etc?

We have considered several different states. Montana, Wyoming, Minnesota, Michigan and Maine. Who knows where we'll end up. Though we've been thinking about it for awhile now, I'm just starting to really research to gather pros and cons.

I think Montana is so beautiful but I've been reading through everyone's comments on here and don't know that we could handle the income level. We would be able to sell our house here for about $500,000 and that would easily get us started out there. On the other hand... we've already settled into a lifestyle that I'm not sure Montana's income could cover. (that's not saying that we are "well off snobs"... not even) But we'd have to have enough to cover what we already owe. Which isn't really that much but I'd be afraid of eventually getting to the point of having to say... "we can't, we don't have the money". That's not where I want to be in my life.
I live in a very nice, quiet neighborhood with a nice size amount of property and cornfields around me (not my cornfields) but it is just that... a neighborhood. I don't want a neighborhood... I want "an AREA".
I've just always dreamed on living on a ranch. Doesn't have to be huge... but a ranch, nonetheless.

Am I being realistic or just paranoid?

Anyway, I'm happy you are living your dream. Best of luck in your future!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana