Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:58 AM

649 posts, read 1,769,134 times

Advertisements

rapid city is nice, i checked that out before i settled in billings. just the right size city. after you check it out i'm curious of what you think of rapid city. if i remember the prices for property and rentals were about the same as billings. but montana has lower taxes overall is what i remember. have a safe trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 11:34 AM

128 posts, read 282,175 times
Thanks, fellow redhead! I have never actually stopped in RC so I am looking forward to this. I really don't want a big city.
I thought SD had lower taxes - but I am surprised at how high the rents are in RC especially with the low salaries. I'll just see what happens.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlequeenie View Post
Thanks, fellow redhead! I have never actually stopped in RC so I am looking forward to this. I really don't want a big city.
I thought SD had lower taxes - but I am surprised at how high the rents are in RC especially with the low salaries. I'll just see what happens.
oh i thought because montana doesn't have sales tax and a not so high income tax that it overall has lower taxes then south dakota.......maybe not.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:38 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
oh i thought because montana doesn't have sales tax and a not so high income tax that it overall has lower taxes then south dakota.......maybe not.
Property taxes in the Rapid City area are through the roof.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:08 PM

i was just at the va clinic here in billings today and i noticed lots more employees............but still when you try to get blood work done or something scheduled......it's just so so confusing for those people......computer programs are locked up or data is incorrect for some unknown reason......blood work done 2 months ago are reordered to be retaken for no apparent reason the doctor or anyone can figure out......oh my my do they have a difficult time just doing simple things........and the vets just stand in slow lines and watch the workers as they try to figure it out..........incrediable........i look around when i'm there and see my fellow vets just shaking their heads at their own frustration....... so just some up-to-date info on the subject of this thread.....hopefully billings va will get their act together......at least they have more new employees and at some point they might figure out how to run that place better.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:40 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
The VA does discriminate against Jews by the lack of availability of kosher food, as well as decorating their facilities for almost all the Christian holidays but never decorating for any of the Jewish holidays.
Tell your brother that he raised interest rates in the late 90s when he should have been lowering them, and he kept them too low during the housing boom, and that's part of the reason we are in the mess we're in. Maybe people don't decorate for Jewish holidays because part of your religious rituals include cutting off the best part of a male's tallywhacker, I'm just thinking out loud. Personally, I'm secular and don't think there should be any religious decorations at government institutions, as is specified by the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, so I'm with you on that.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:49 AM

While I'm here, how is the overall medical care in Billings? I'm retired and suffer from severe arthritis an chronic pain as well some of the usual maladies such as hypertension and high cholesterol. I have a great Family Physician where I live now and finding a comparable replacement physician will be a factor in deciding where I want to live. Reason for leaving? I live in a large Southern city and am tired of the heat, the traffic, the crime and gangs and have always wanted to live in a colder climate.

I visited Glacier National Park a couple of years ago and really like the Western States. I know the winters would be a shock, but that's what I'm looking for. I know that's weird, but I'm not natured and this area is killing me.

Lastly, are there any Pain Clinics in Billings?

Old 07-03-2010, 10:51 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
Tell your brother that he raised interest rates in the late 90s when he should have been lowering them, and he kept them too low during the housing boom, and that's part of the reason we are in the mess we're in.
Alan doesn't talk about me and I don't talk about him.

The main reason we are in the mess we are in is because of Freddie and Fannie, and their enablers: Dodd and Frank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
Maybe people don't decorate for Jewish holidays because part of your religious rituals include cutting off the best part of a male's tallywhacker,:smack:
Jews are an optimistic people: we trim it before we know how big the blessed thing will be.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Alan doesn't talk about me and I don't talk about him.

The main reason we are in the mess we are in is because of Freddie and Fannie, and their enablers: Dodd and Frank.

I can't disagree. There are many others, too. Not everyone is entitled to own a house. The subprime fraud was a disgrace.

Jews are an optimistic people: we trim it before we know how big the blessed thing will be.
That's the spirit. Props for taking the jabs in stride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana