Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 04:29 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,237,400 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a used rug (Persian - or other nice large) & coffee table/ottoman but don't have much money. Is there anywhere that sells decent used rugs/furniture in Montreal? South shore would be nice but willing to head into town if it's worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 12:22 AM

323 posts, read 1,391,613 times
Craigslist and Kijiji. A good Persian rug is expensive even used though. Also try church flea markets.
Some have an ongoing shop open one or two days per week.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:12 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,369,632 times
You also might try your local Village des Valeurs thrift store or perhaps the Salvation Army store.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:20 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,237,400 times
Thanks! I didn't think about Kijiji or VV. Yeah, it will still be $ for sure, but I'm hoping I can make a dent. Thanks!!

Old 06-13-2013, 09:24 PM

304 posts, read 1,426,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
Thanks! I didn't think about Kijiji or VV. Yeah, it will still be $ for sure, but I'm hoping I can make a dent. Thanks!!
My friend has a rug with persian cat hair all over it (and a couch, chairs, comforter etc.) Does that count?

If so, make her an offer!

Old 06-13-2013, 09:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,341,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You also might try your local Village des Valeurs thrift store or perhaps the Salvation Army store.
Or Renaissance stores.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfanman View Post
My friend has a rug with persian cat hair all over it (and a couch, chairs, comforter etc.) Does that count?

If so, make her an offer!
My old guy was a Persian (he was 20) and I can attest to that. Hair everywhere, always! You can break an egg or peel a banana, and find hair in it.
I now have a Siamese. He doesn't seem to shed at all, but he's a screamer.
My neighbours reported me to SPCA for "animal abuse". It's like living with an ambulance, or a baby being butchered by a set of bagpipes.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:22 PM

304 posts, read 1,426,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
My old guy was a Persian (he was 20) and I can attest to that. Hair everywhere, always! You can break an egg or peel a banana, and find hair in it.
I now have a Siamese. He doesn't seem to shed at all, but he's a screamer.
My neighbours reported me to SPCA for "animal abuse". It's like living with an ambulance, or a baby being butchered by a set of bagpipes.
I love cats but it's rare that I've met a siamese that doesn't suck. They're always so unfriendly and unwilling to play with you. But that's no reason to abuse the poor guy lol!

Having a cat is great, not only because they're such good buddies but because they repel ANAL PEOPLE! Anal people are almost always allergic to cats (and 37 other things). Having a cat means that you can invite the anal person from work to your party but not have to worry that they will actually show up! "Hey Adolph! I'm having a party at my place on Saturday and... oh, I forgot, you're allergic to cats. Damn.. too bad." hehehehehe!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
I love cats but it's rare that I've met a siamese that doesn't suck. They're
always so unfriendly and unwilling to play with you. But that's no reason to
abuse the poor guy lol!
All the Siamese I've ever known were very friendly and affectionate. Sushi loves hanging around with my son and they play all the time.
(I called the guy in charge of the animal abuse hotline and told them my neighbours think I'm torturing a cat. He was laughing his a$$ off, because he has two Siamese of his own and he knows they never shut up. He told me they'll have to follow up a complaint, but not to worry about it.)

Old 06-13-2013, 11:04 PM

Oh, and just to let you know...
The Persian was found abandoned and starving in the woods, and the Siamese was a shelter rescue.
I'm not the type to go to breeders when there are so many looking for their forever homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal