Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 10:32 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,356 times

Advertisements

Since these projects seem to be actually moving forward now (Mon-Fayette Junction and the development by the Pierpont exit) and there is no dedicated thread for this area that I could find I figured it needed its own.

As far as the Mon-Fayette Junction goes the only known business so far is Med-Express's new HQ (it will be a two story building). They also have renderings of a second office building next to it but no known tenants (this is the building you can see being built right now). To the left is Pad A, about 13.4 acres and looks like it could easily fit two large box stores. The first rumors I heard were that Giant Eagle and a home improvement store were going to build there, but now the newer rumor I heard is that a Kroger and a Home Depot might building up there. Finally, it looks like the parcel map was updated on Tuesday with a new small lot up front going under contract. It is most likely a fast food restaurant based on the size and location (probably a McDonalds).

Parcel Map: https://images4.loopnet.com/d2/DnP7A...o/document.pdf

Office Buildings: https://monfayettejunction.com/coming-soon/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 10:40 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times
Great finds, Matt. I do wish Giant Eagle would do more expanding in the area, but a Kroger would be logical there too, especially considering the growing population density in the Cheat Lake area. The nearly 10,000 people living there have been screaming for a super market for some time now.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:51 AM

35 posts, read 45,194 times
https://www.dominionpost.com/2018/12...s-in-new-year/

Fort Pierpont to get local butcher, Get Fit juice/smoothie bar, and a regional office for Southwest Energy. Announcements of a national retailer and locally owned restaurant coming soon.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:00 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman9495 View Post
https://www.dominionpost.com/2018/12...s-in-new-year/

Fort Pierpont to get local butcher, Get Fit juice/smoothie bar, and a regional office for Southwest Energy. Announcements of a national retailer and locally owned restaurant coming soon.
I have thought for some time we would see the energy companies start to put their regional offices in our area due to the proximity to the region's best and largest energy resources as well as the energy research assets in Morgantown and Pittsburgh. Getting the Southwest office could well be a catalyst for others to locate in Mon County as well.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:35 AM

219 posts, read 247,541 times
I did a flight at Mon Fayette Junction yesterday. The sun and clounds made it difficult to get good video. The Med Express building is coming along quickly. Looks like a reasonable amount of space available. Lots of grading has taken place. No other buildings or foundations are visible from what I could tell. You can see the short video at the link below.

https://youtu.be/tCINUYcqunM

I intend to post more pictures from these flights on my Facebook.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:19 PM

Pierpont Landing is showing a Ziebart store being built next to planet fitness.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Chea...n-WV/15156445/

Old 02-13-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Pierpont Landing is showing a Ziebart store being built next to planet fitness.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Chea...n-WV/15156445/
I heard about that a few months ago. A friend of mine knows the guys building it. I was really surprised to here it at the time. I didn't even realize zeibart still existed. Long gone are the days of the 1980's rust buckets that need aftermarket protection against rust.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaerial View Post
I heard about that a few months ago. A friend of mine knows the guys building it. I was really surprised to here it at the time. I didn't even realize zeibart still existed. Long gone are the days of the 1980's rust buckets that need aftermarket protection against rust.
To be honest I had to look up who they were lol. Guess they do inside and outside car detailings and sell other car products?

Old 02-13-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
To be honest I had to look up who they were lol. Guess they do inside and outside car detailings and sell other car products?
They were popular in the 80s when every car on the road was a rust bucket. They would apply a protective spray to the door panels and rockers that acted like an undercoating. They had a national competitor called Rusty Jones. The automotive industry has come a long way in their paint processes and have rendered those operations useless.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:56 PM

456 posts, read 602,139 times
How is progress on the medexpress and the other office building in the Mon Fayette Crossing development coming along. Any word on anything else going in the development. I thought I read that a grocery store was to be announced in August. I would think that would be a prime area for restaurants and even a hotel. Pierpont exit to me should be better developed with more businesses. Any news at pierpont.That whole part of town is screaming for development but little seems happening on that end of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown