Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 08:40 AM

250 posts, read 331,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWin View Post
Thanks; somehow I missed hearing about this or forgot. I was actually down close to there this past weekend to go to Freed's Greenhouse at exit 125 and would probably have gone on down to White Oaks to TGIF if I'd known it was there. Maybe I will have to start watching local news again.

TGIF is one of those that I have thought would do well in Morgantown.
Yeah, caught me off guard also. I guess it has been open since November/December 2016 but I must have missed it to.....and let me be clear here, I know TGIF is average at best but surprised to see one and thought perhaps this area is starting to get some looks from DIFFERENT (re: Not Sheetz, Not Burger King, Not McDonald's) restaurants. I'm still holding out for a Chang's, Season's 52, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 08:52 AM

456 posts, read 603,175 times
iv'e been to TGIF in Bridgeport 4-5 times already since my niece works in White Oaks and I meet her often for lunch. Its a nice restaurant but we've been mostly disappointed with the food and also the service so far. they aren't the TGIF of old. they sure on on any level above other casual chains. I would prefer any of the other casual restaurants already in Morgantown. Cheddars, Chilli's, Boston Beanery, Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday. I'm actually surprised all these chains haven't positioned themselves better with two locations on either end of town. hopefully there are some new chains in Morgantown at West View. Red Robin would be a nice addition and Quaker State is ok but has been in trouble the last few years. there are 100's of concepts not yet in the area so hopefully something new to the area. White oaks is supposed to have 4-5 restaurants open in the next 4-8 months but mostly expanding local locations. I would think both White Oaks and West Ridge will eventually have some new restaurants to the area since both will have a lot of traffic and workers needing places to eat. the 79 corridor should see many new things in the next few years. the new Riverside Commons in Fairmont near the old Middletown Mall may have something new also. we can only hope for new things to the area

Old 05-08-2017, 08:32 PM

191 posts, read 306,405 times
Red Robin is truthfully not anything spectacular. Unless youre trying to die of a coronary on their endless steak fries or youre obsessed with broccoli (you can get endless of this as well), its really not worth visiting after youve had your initial visit. Redddddd Robbbbbbin.....Ehhhhhh

Old 05-08-2017, 09:16 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,422,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MischiefWV View Post
Red Robin is truthfully not anything spectacular. Unless youre trying to die of a coronary on their endless steak fries or youre obsessed with broccoli (you can get endless of this as well), its really not worth visiting after youve had your initial visit. Redddddd Robbbbbbin.....Ehhhhhh
TBF, steak fries are delicious.

But yeah, as far as burgers go, give me Tailpipes every day and twice on Sunday.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:42 AM

193 posts, read 281,942 times
Im not one for chain restaurants but I do like Red Robin's jalapeno burger and their steak fries. But I agree, Tailpipes makes a good burger.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:00 PM

491 posts, read 610,633 times
The current owners of Mario's Fishbowl will be retiring and passing the business along to some of its employees as of July 1st.. read it on the BZA page

Old 05-12-2017, 08:22 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
The current owners of Mario's Fishbowl will be retiring and passing the business along to some of its employees as of July 1st.. read it on the BZA page
Both restaurants, or just the original one on Richwood?

Old 05-13-2017, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
TBF, steak fries are delicious.

But yeah, as far as burgers go, give me Tailpipes every day and twice on Sunday.

Amen. One of the 4 best burgers Ive had in my life along with one from Brew Pub, Secret Sandwich Society in Fayetteville, and one in this nasty hole in the wall dive bar in Beaver, PA. Im lucky enough to have had the chance to design and have a special named after me at Tailpipes so maybe im biased ha.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
I always found the 2nd to be subpar compared to the original, but the original changing hands could be HORRIBLE NEWS. Cowboy Ranch Wings for life.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:39 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,422,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MischiefWV View Post
I always found the 2nd to be subpar compared to the original, but the original changing hands could be HORRIBLE NEWS. Cowboy Ranch Wings for life.
The Furfaris are handing it over to longtime employees of the Fishbowl. They are confident that the place will keep its quality and feel. I've never been to the Suncrest location (why bother when the original is just a few miles away?), so I can't speak to any comparisons there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown