Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 08:51 AM

191 posts, read 306,405 times

Advertisements

Hoping its NOT another Al's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 10:28 AM

98 posts, read 113,371 times
A person from Baltimore is putting in a pizza shop on the ground floor w/ apts overhead .

Old 07-08-2015, 06:07 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,352,377 times
Pizza is pizza...but damn, there's just so many. I guess it makes sense if you've ever tried to order delivery during gameday or on a weekend night...probably stands to make some good revenue if done right considering how pizza works in a college town.

...but why does it have to be pizza?

Old 07-08-2015, 06:31 PM

891 posts, read 1,054,153 times
This town could use another pizza Buffet though, havin only CiCi's sucks, and the one here kinda blows anyway...

Old 07-09-2015, 09:41 AM

75 posts, read 118,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
Pizza is pizza...but damn, there's just so many. I guess it makes sense if you've ever tried to order delivery during gameday or on a weekend night...probably stands to make some good revenue if done right considering how pizza works in a college town.

...but why does it have to be pizza?
Pizza is not pizza! Give me a random slice of pepperoni pizza and I'm 99% sure I could tell you what shop it came from.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:12 AM

273 posts, read 382,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine5811MP View Post
Pizza is not pizza! Give me a random slice of pepperoni pizza and I'm 99% sure I could tell you what shop it came from.
I'm with you on that. I'm also hoping you don't bring it from a few places that are really just bad.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:49 AM

354 posts, read 505,926 times
I like the way University Ave will be built up along sunnyside. It's going to look very different in a year. Not building Daniel's vertical is a big disappointment and the VFW debacle is rage inducing.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:10 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greystreet21 View Post
I like the way University Ave will be built up along sunnyside. It's going to look very different in a year. Not building Daniel's vertical is a big disappointment and the VFW debacle is rage inducing.
I disagree about Daniel's. High Street is the one street we shouldn't have vertical development beyond 3 stories. The VFW situation is mostly in state government's hands now since they must approve the road access permit. Navigating that morass in Charleston when they want to be obstinate, and they generally want to be obstinate when it concerns our growth, is horrific. It might take court action, but the permit will eventually get issued. The momentum in our city is very strong, and it will overcome obstacles in time and likely our area will end up stronger for it in the long run (and that includes in the political arena as well).

Old 07-09-2015, 11:11 PM

59 posts, read 101,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I disagree about Daniel's. High Street is the one street we shouldn't have vertical development beyond 3 stories. The VFW situation is mostly in state government's hands now since they must approve the road access permit. Navigating that morass in Charleston when they want to be obstinate, and they generally want to be obstinate when it concerns our growth, is horrific. It might take court action, but the permit will eventually get issued. The momentum in our city is very strong, and it will overcome obstacles in time and likely our area will end up stronger for it in the long run (and that includes in the political arena as well).
High street could use some multi-building demolitions. I'm all for saving history, but half the buildings on High Street never did look pleasant to the eyes, even in their hayday. High density, multi story mixed use buildings are what young professionals and car-dropping millennials are looking for. Best way to bring in needed young thinkers and entrepenures is to give us what we want... instead of having us leave for DC or Pittsburgh, or beyond. Can't depend on the old guard forever, and lets face it, we don't have the beautiful victorians or art deco facades other cities have... we need to build on something new. If the state won't give us infrastructure then we need to consolidate what we have.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:24 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtreize View Post
High street could use some multi-building demolitions. I'm all for saving history, but half the buildings on High Street never did look pleasant to the eyes, even in their hayday. High density, multi story mixed use buildings are what young professionals and car-dropping millennials are looking for. Best way to bring in needed young thinkers and entrepenures is to give us what we want... instead of having us leave for DC or Pittsburgh, or beyond. Can't depend on the old guard forever, and lets face it, we don't have the beautiful victorians or art deco facades other cities have... we need to build on something new. If the state won't give us infrastructure then we need to consolidate what we have.
I agree that several buildings on High Street need some major facelifts, but I don't think demolishing blocks of them is the answer. That street has a character all its own in our state, and I believe most want to keep it essentially the way it is now. That might benefit the old guard, that's true, but the unique character of High Street is part and parcel to the character of our city. Putting up a lot of particle board fake front new buildings would ruin that in the long run. Put up the new buildings everywhere else though. I am in full agreement with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown