Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 09:17 PM

891 posts, read 1,053,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I think the fact that our little state has a highly recognized culinary arts program is a wonderful thing. Other states with far larger populations are not any better recognized, even if you look at different rankings. El Centro in Texas, for example is also well recognized but Texas has 11 times the population and far greater geographic area than does West Virginia. If schools in Texas were to do as well per capita as Pierpont, then there should be 11 of them mentioned there. The showing of a school in West Virginia in being mentioned with such schools as CIA in Hyde Park is remarkable.

We can be very happy here in North Central West Virginia to have a great program available for our people. We can also be happy we don't live in Amarillo since we'd have to drive 500 miles to get to a top rated program.

theres also tons of things for WV to be embarrassed about, that your asinine per capita argument cant protect.....and I wasnt comparing states this time, just countering your #5 in the nation argument....just because one article calls it that, doesnt make it so, especially when there are 3 articles that dont even mention it....Im not sayin it aint a great school, its just not necessarily #5 in the nation.....and I dont care about Amarillo (which is 330 miles from Dallas, not 500)...like you are a proud West Virginian but are often irked by South WV and its politics (or lack thereof), Im a proud Texan but Ive never been to, or even cared much for West TX....the rest of TX is "my TX".....as close to perfect as it gets IMO.....which 11 times the population must agree with over choosing to come live here in WV apparently...., I certainly wouldnt be here if not for my wife....which is one of the few good things WV has actually done for/given me lol....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine5811MP View Post
Best comeback ever! Lol

Old 08-28-2016, 09:24 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
theres also tons of things for WV to be embarrassed about, that your asinine per capita argument cant protect.....and I wasnt comparing states this time, just countering your #5 in the nation argument....just because one article calls it that, doesnt make it so, especially when there are 3 articles that dont even mention it....Im not sayin it aint a great school, its just not necessarily #5 in the nation.....and I dont care about Amarillo (which is 330 miles from Dallas, not 500)...like you are a proud West Virginian but are often irked by South WV and its politics (or lack thereof), Im a proud Texan but Ive never been to, or even cared much for West TX....the rest of TX is "my TX".....as close to perfect as it gets IMO.....which 11 times the population must agree with over choosing to come live here in WV apparently...., I certainly wouldnt be here if not for my wife....which is one of the few good things WV has actually done for/given me lol....
Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. I think you can be justly proud of Texas. We are just as proud of West Virginia, and since there aren't as many of us, when we get equal billing we can be 11 times as proud.
Nobody is making you stay here. Your wife is an awesome West Virginian, so I guess you'll just have to choose. I feel certain you will make the right choice. I hope we'll grow on you.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. I think you can be justly proud of Texas. We are just as proud of West Virginia, and since there aren't as many of us, when we get equal billing we can be 11 times as proud.
Nobody is making you stay here. Your wife is an awesome West Virginian, so I guess you'll just have to choose. I feel certain you will make the right choice. I hope we'll grow on you.
I guess I can see that point, since its a very rare thing....and my wife hates it here also, she missed her kids too much is all...matter of fact, her oldest son and his new wife were recently trying to transfer to South Carolina because theyre tired of Morgantown, and wanna be near the beach....well, we were goin with em if they did, and my wife was actively pulling for it.....unfortunately someone else got the position .....3 1/2 more yrs and counting til we go back to TX though, We'll manage....Morgantown is slowly gettin better with the growth and road improvements, so it will suffice.....

Old 08-29-2016, 07:00 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
Quote:
I guess I can see that point, since its a very rare thing....and my wife hates it here also, she missed her kids too much is all...matter of fact, her oldest son and his new wife were recently trying to transfer to South Carolina because theyre tired of Morgantown, and wanna be near the beach....well, we were goin with em if they did, and my wife was actively pulling for it.....unfortunately someone else got the position .....3 1/2 more yrs and counting til we go back to TX though, We'll manage....Morgantown is slowly gettin better with the growth and road improvements, so it will suffice.....

I think we all share in your pain.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I know some of us here are looking forward to the day you take a hike as much as you are. Too bad our loss wasn't South Carolina's gain. I hope you get your way and leave as soon as possible. Best wishes with that.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
I think we all share in your pain.
I know I do. I'm rooting for his quick departure as much as is he.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I know I do. I'm rooting for his quick departure as much as is he.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:39 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Thread closed so no further off topic posts can be made until Yac has a chance to check this thread.
Yeah, I think no harm will come to the forum or the level of discussion if this thread remains closed. Yac.

Last edited by Yac; 08-31-2016 at 02:39 AM..

Old 09-03-2016, 09:33 PM

Groundbreaking is expected to be this month for the new Aquatic and Track Center at Mylan Park.

TheDPost.com - Work on aquatic and track center to begin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown