Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 09:24 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,050,416 times

Advertisements

This is a bit unusual for these times, but a new 6 business project being developed on 705 has freely agreed to be annexed into the city limits. Hopefully more join in doing so.

TheDPost.com - Morgantown would absorb development off 705
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 01:18 AM

891 posts, read 1,054,153 times
Im drunk as hell right now but where exactly on 705? only thing I can think of is the stretch from Suncrest town centre to the mileground roundabout....man Id kill for a Walmart right there, I know that aint happenin and most here wouldnt want that, Im just sayin.....regardless, I love to see new stuff goin up even if its not beneficial to me..... Urban Sprawl> trees and wannabe "mountains".....

Old 08-05-2015, 06:05 AM

354 posts, read 505,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
Im drunk as hell right now but where exactly on 705? only thing I can think of is the stretch from Suncrest town centre to the mileground roundabout....man Id kill for a Walmart right there, I know that aint happenin and most here wouldnt want that, Im just sayin.....regardless, I love to see new stuff goin up even if its not beneficial to me..... Urban Sprawl> trees and wannabe "mountains".....
Kill for a third Walmart? along 705 to boot! Great idea...hopefully that's the alcohol talking

Old 08-05-2015, 06:33 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,422,137 times
I shudder to think what would happen if a Walmart was developed anywhere over there.

And I think the property in question is the land flanked by Research Park Rd., Maple Drive, and 705, and maybe part of the area across Maple Drive from that. That's the only undeveloped area between the research park and 705 that remains undeveloped and not in city limits.

I know annexation is, and always will be, a hot topic (this notwithstanding as it's actually needed for the development), but Morgantown needs to pick up its game. Everything south of West Run, west of the airport, and north of Greenbag Rd. should all be within city limits. As far as boundaries are concerned, Morgantown is one of the worst in terms of having "holes," with Beckley being another.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greystreet21 View Post
Kill for a third Walmart? along 705 to boot! Great idea...hopefully that's the alcohol talking
For once, I find myself in total agreement with you.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
I shudder to think what would happen if a Walmart was developed anywhere over there.

And I think the property in question is the land flanked by Research Park Rd., Maple Drive, and 705, and maybe part of the area across Maple Drive from that. That's the only undeveloped area between the research park and 705 that remains undeveloped and not in city limits.

I know annexation is, and always will be, a hot topic (this notwithstanding as it's actually needed for the development), but Morgantown needs to pick up its game. Everything south of West Run, west of the airport, and north of Greenbag Rd. should all be within city limits. As far as boundaries are concerned, Morgantown is one of the worst in terms of having "holes," with Beckley being another.
Well, that just got a whole lot easier for cities in West Virginia to do. I do not agree with this ruling at all... I really see no logic in being able to force somebody who develops something outside of city limits to come into the city, but a Mon County judge just ruled in favor of Westover's forced annexation of the Morgantown Mall. That opens up areas next to cities all over the state to being annexed by the nearby Big Brother.

http://thedpost.com/Mall-request-denied-by-court

Old 08-05-2015, 11:20 AM

891 posts, read 1,054,153 times
I just want a walmart on 705 because I live on the mileground and Im used to havin a Walmart within walkin distance....but I do realize it would cause alot of problems....at least until they fix the infrastructure problems round here...

Old 08-06-2015, 12:24 PM

191 posts, read 306,466 times
Sad someone promoting the idea of a Walmart on 705 what with the storied history of that past endeavor and all. Its a twisted tale of shady politics, indian burial grounds, and BS.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:21 PM

Default New Business Development to be Annexed Into Morgantown

A new business development near the WVU Research Park, which will be home to 6 already committed businesses, has asked to be annexed into the City of Morgantown. City Council gave approval to the request.

TheDPost.com - Annex gets OK

Old 08-22-2015, 04:31 AM

671 posts, read 1,057,893 times
And if you want to read about this the first time CT posted it //www.city-data.com/forum/morga...organtown.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown