Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,423,159 times

Advertisements

It's over half filled (I'm a glass half-full guy), not more or less empty. That was also halftime at a game where a lot of students couldn't attend because they had nowhere to stay. A lot of circumstances behind that picture.

Edit - Unless you just mean the sections furthest left or right, which then I'd agree. I've always been an advocate of reducing the seating a bit, but this isn't the athletic department's fault. They didn't schedule OU for that game and the University has a policy of closing the dorms that Friday before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 PM

282 posts, read 485,156 times
It's hard to see the stadium being expanded when they have a hard time filling it up as it is now. And, unless it's a close game, half the fans start clearing out around the end of the 3rd quarter. I couldn't believe how few were left on Saturday by the middle of the fourth quarter, even though the Mountaineers put on a great performance, a late afternoon game, very mild weather, and senior day.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:19 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,881,655 times
Default WVU shows VT how to play basketball

I thought the ACC was supposed to be good at basketball. VT's athletics have really suffered lately.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:49 AM

180 posts, read 352,645 times
The Acc is 10 times better than the Big 12..It was a good win for WVU though.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 AM

33 posts, read 88,800 times
Wow, a one point win at home against an unranked team. What a great win!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,619,147 times
I don't think we really 'showed' them anything...we only won by one point and looked horrible for most of the game.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:31 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,881,655 times
Some people are upset. A win by 1 point or 1000 points is the same it is a win.

VT should take notes from this game.

Anyone that all of WVU's old rivals now suck at all sports?

Bobconn I understand you want to the ACC to succeed now that Lville is in them, but that boat has long since sailed.

Last edited by cry_havoc; 12-09-2012 at 12:02 PM..

Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,054,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyconn View Post
The Acc is 10 times better than the Big 12..It was a good win for WVU though.
Ah, I don't think so. They are very good at basketball, and actually getting better there, but the Big XII is no slouch at basketball, and they are at least 10 times better than the ACC/Big East 2 at football. Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, and West Virginia would be more than competitive in basketball in the ACC.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:19 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,054,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
I don't think we really 'showed' them anything...we only won by one point and looked horrible for most of the game.
We did not look "horrible". Our team is improving on all fronts, and they just beat a good, undefeated team today. The Chokies are no slouches in basketball, and neither is their conference. They suck at football, but their basketball is at the top. No denying that. They are slowly taking the Big East's place in that regard, in more ways than one.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:20 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,353,202 times
I was at that game...same old story, we basically let them get wide open constantly for countless 3s without any pressure. We've had that problem all season long, with the Gonzaga and Davidson games most notably being the perfect examples of how we were burned from this problem. If VT would have shot well from beyond the arch, they would have killed us.

other notable sights:

-Noreen is scared to death to shoot the ball...it got to the point where VT literally didn't put a man on him about 70% of the time that he touched the ball on offense. When he finally decided to shoot some, he was golden. Way too timid of a player on offense.

-Harris and Henderson are the future of this team long term...both have shown serious skill, but are way too young at this point. Harris pretty much single-handedly brought us back into this one during the 2nd half.

-Turk seems a bit lost without Kevin Jones around. I don't understand why he's running the offense and setting up plays that a point guard normally would. He needs to play in the post...don't get what they're trying to do at all with this.

-Aaron Brown and Keaton Miles continue to make you wonder if they could each turn into something big.

-The whole team still has NO identity or clearly defined roles. But the depth is good.

-Murray is looking more and more like just a "good" player and not like a true superstar as he's been advertised. He does some things well, but he just doesn't have that "go to guy" type of aspect about him from what I've seen so far. He's not in the same league as Jones/Butler/Ebanks/Alexander/Pittsnoggle/etc, or at least he isn't yet.

I'm looking for this team to have a slow first half, then sort of put it together during the second half of the season. I think they'll be a sort of 17-20 win team before the tournament hits. Next year, however, should be pretty fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown