Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 07:44 AM

3,377 posts, read 9,205,251 times

Advertisements

I informed my mortgage broker that I wanted to refi under the new fha streamline rules 7/7. She said things could move slow and I ended up having to make my August payment. I emailed her last week and she said it hasn't even been to underwriting yet.

I think I am going to have my make my September payment. If I do this refi is going to have cost me $500 bucks since my payment is dropping $250.

I asked her if her company could provide any remedy since delays on their end are costing me money and costing them nothing but she said they could not .

If I make my September payment I am going to start shopping around again.

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 09:57 AM

34 posts, read 67,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
I think I am going to have my make my September payment. If I do this refi is going to have cost me $500 bucks since my payment is dropping $250.

I asked her if her company could provide any remedy since delays on their end are costing me money and costing them nothing but she said they could not .

If I make my September payment I am going to start shopping around again.
I started my streamline refi in Feb. I received conditional approval in March. I decided to wait until after June since my loan had originated before June of 2009 and it would keep my MIP low like it is now. So I started the whole process again in early June and I'm still waiting. My mortgage broker didn't even have to tell me I'd be waiting a while. Doing research myself I found that most places that are doing streamlines are backlogged (especially with a combination of lower MIP for loans originated before June/09 and today's low rates). If I'm still waiting, you are way back of the line behind me.

So, when you took the loan out you intended (or at least the bank made the loan on the intention) on paying for the house for 30 years at that rate and payment. What's another month or two?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:46 AM

Valid point...it is just frustrating of course.

The home is a rental and I am losing money every month. This refi will actually put me in the black so it would be nice to get it done already.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:11 AM

51 posts, read 149,878 times
my thoughts are debt sucks --

Old 08-20-2012, 11:13 AM

I agree...but I don't have the savings account to buy a house outright soooooo I am a slave to the bank.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:17 AM

Still hasn't gone to underwritting....

Old 09-14-2012, 07:17 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,910,099 times
There's this pesky little regulation that has us (lenders) doing backflips to get loans approved (or declined) within 30 days of application. If we hit day 28 and there's no approval, we flip thru the file to see what we could say is the hold up (haven't received updated paystub, verification of funds). The a NOI (notice of incomplete application) is sent out to the customer.

Now, last I heard FHA Streamline is still a loan application, but I could be wrong (for this criteria). You could send the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau an email and ask them if FHA Streamlines are required to issue a credit decision within 30 days. Not as an angry consumer, but more like, "I heard somewhere that loan applications must have a credit decsion in 30 days. Does that also apply to FHA Streamline loan applications ("application" is a key word after the word "Streamline")? I'm betting that will light the fire under someone's arse (but only if you copy them in the email). You have nothing to lose.

Let us know what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages