Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM

14 posts, read 25,861 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

Just stumbled upon this forum and thought that I'd see if anyone has experience with what we're going through. My client is purchasing a home and one of the conditions was to remove the three disputes he had on his credit report. Two were removed by all three reporting agencies, but the last one, a Citi account, was only removed by EX and EQ, not TU. The notation on the account says, "account closed at consumer's request and in dispute under fcra". Date reported was 11/2008 and date of last activity was in 2004. Account has a zero balance and never been late. TU is saying that they need to hear back from Citi to remove it. When my client calls Citi, there is no file of him in their system. We only have the first 12 digits of the account, so we can't find it by account # and my client can't find the account info anywhere since it has been so long. TU says it can take up to 30 days to remove the notation and we don't have that kind of time. We were supposed to close last week and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Any help and expertise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Saw this thread, //www.city-data.com/forum/mortg...y-hold-up.html, but it's not quite what I was looking for since our situation is a closed account that can't be found and the thread is almost a year old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,425 times
Just found this after going through the same thing for a refinance. I hope you got it taken care of. Citi told me they had no record of any dispute on both my accounts. They were not able to do anything. Experian (once I called the number on the credit report, and not the cust service line online) jumped right on it and fixed it.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:51 AM

8,676 posts, read 22,938,531 times
Ask Citi for a letter that there are no records of any accounts in dispute for SSN _______. Send the letter to lender, who can forward to their bureau and get the report fixed on the local bureau so you can move forward. This is really simple to fix.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:12 AM

3,803 posts, read 9,329,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Dub View Post
Hi everyone.

Just stumbled upon this forum and thought that I'd see if anyone has experience with what we're going through. My client is purchasing a home and one of the conditions was to remove the three disputes he had on his credit report. Two were removed by all three reporting agencies, but the last one, a Citi account, was only removed by EX and EQ, not TU. The notation on the account says, "account closed at consumer's request and in dispute under fcra". Date reported was 11/2008 and date of last activity was in 2004. Account has a zero balance and never been late. TU is saying that they need to hear back from Citi to remove it. When my client calls Citi, there is no file of him in their system. We only have the first 12 digits of the account, so we can't find it by account # and my client can't find the account info anywhere since it has been so long. TU says it can take up to 30 days to remove the notation and we don't have that kind of time. We were supposed to close last week and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Any help and expertise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Saw this thread, //www.city-data.com/forum/mortg...y-hold-up.html, but it's not quite what I was looking for since our situation is a closed account that can't be found and the thread is almost a year old.
Shouldn't necessarily be an issue. Lender needs to switch from FNMA to Freddie and run LP. Lender needs to scrub file of all DU Findings so as to keep Correspondent options open.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:02 PM

8,676 posts, read 22,938,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
Shouldn't necessarily be an issue. Lender needs to switch from FNMA to Freddie and run LP. Lender needs to scrub file of all DU Findings so as to keep Correspondent options open.
That won't work if lender doesn't have LP. Chances are they are on a quick fuse, with little time to make a move. Making sure a lender can go with DU or LP is best done before loan application.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:12 AM

3,803 posts, read 9,329,743 times
OP, update?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages