Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:31 AM

177 posts, read 923,782 times

Advertisements

I'm just need to vent for a moment so please excuse me...
My lender, who had initially been professional during communications has started sending me emails that begin with "hey girl!" I mean I would send her an email like "Ms..., could you please forward me the results of the appraisal?" and I would get a response like "hey girl-I got your appraisal..." Last week after expressing my frustration about my shifting closing date she replied "yeah girl I feel ya!" I've never met this woman and I certainly didn't speak to her like that on the phone or in written correspondence. Is she trying to be 'down' with me because I am black or something? Not that she knows that for certain-as I'm pretty sure I didn't indicate my race on any paperwork and my name and voice isn't exactly a giveaway. I'm 28 years old with 2 degrees-I'm no girl! Its just irritating me-of course I'm not going say anything-I'm still waiting to close! I just need to vent. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 09:49 AM

781 posts, read 3,816,782 times
You could try to settle the issue by responding to her emails with her full name and signing with your full name. Also, when you speak with her on the phone make sure you use her name and no nickname or familiarity.

I had the same thing with our loan rep......since my last name is Martinez, she assumed I could speak Spanish and kept speaking to me in partial Spanish....putting in Spanish words occasionally and using endearments.

Good Luck......it will be over soon:-)

Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,022,182 times
I think she's trying to act like she's your friend.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
I think she's trying to act like she's your friend.
If she wants to be my friend she should stop moving my closing date
I don't think she is intentionally being rude or anything. I don't have any problems with her except for this. Its just annoying.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:05 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
a lot of sales rep act this way because they think it will help building rapport.

If she's 'prolonging' the closing date...then you may want to ask WHY.
If you gave her 30days...then there might be something she's not telling you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocopuffy View Post
I don't think she is intentionally being rude or anything. I don't have any problems with her except for this. Its just annoying.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:19 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
It's just her personality. I highly, highly doubt it is anything personal towards you or your race. There is a processor I can think of where I work who is like that. She sometimes tells too many personal details on the phone, and she is always using pet names and so on. However, she is a very good loan processor. Some customers really enjoy her wackiness, while I imagine others find it irritating.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:51 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Quote:
I agree with you, she probably isn't intentionally trying to be rude. Some people just don't have much refinement or "polish." Sometimes you just have to consider the source and overlook it. But I understand where you are coming from; you expect a professional relationship and have treated her that way and assume she would have enough sense to interact the same way. I wouldn't infer it is because you are black though. She may have good qualities you look for in a realtor but lacks those all important social skills.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 PM

One of my co-workers just suggested that I address her has my 'homie' in my next email. Haha...
To answer Banker 0679, my date was moved because of some paper that I was supposed to sign that had to be worked around Veteran's day. She was the only person moving the date-the seller moved the date to. I suspect its because they hadn't moved out yet-the condo is down the street from where I live and I as of yesterday all their furniture was still inside.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
If she's anything like my coworker, she'd very much enjoy being called homie...

Old 11-14-2007, 03:30 PM

78 posts, read 424,298 times
It can also be a marketing style called the "self reveal" The l-o or processor gives up a little of themself in order to bridge towards a relationship or rapport with the customer. It's a balancing act and sometimes can blow up in your face. Kind of like how all this worked out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages