Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,091 times

Advertisements

I would really like to look into USDA loans for my home purchase, the home we are looking at does qualify. My income however is over the maximum, but: I made $83,000 last year. Of that $83,000, $14,000 was a "per deim" or allowance they give us for clothes, trans, etc. My question is, could this extra allowance possibly be removed from my income for the purpose of qualifying for the loan? Thank you so much for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,324,268 times
What is on Line 21 of your Schedule A? Do you write off expenses? How many occupants in the home, total? Can you knock up the wife real quick-like?

Old 10-27-2013, 05:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,091 times
Schedule A? I do deduct for mileage, food and clothes. It is my wife and 2 kids, so 4 total. I think we're good on the more kids thing lol

Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 PM

200 posts, read 555,148 times
Have you talked to a USDA loan knowledgeable lender? I had a client who qualified for a USDA loan with an annual salary of $90k and she was a single Mom with one child. There are four of you, so I would assume there would be more wiggle room.
The maximum amount to qualify does differ from state to state/county to county, but ask someone who knows their stuff, not sure if you have already, but get a second opinion!
Fyi, the 'map' of eligible areas that the USDA currently has is changing as of January, and will be shrinking to include less towns and areas, so check that the home that you have your eye on will still be eligible come January. If not, and you find out that you do qualify, then you will need to get an offer in quickly.
Good luck!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:02 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,324,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykevin58 View Post
Schedule A? I do deduct for mileage, food and clothes. It is my wife and 2 kids, so 4 total. I think we're good on the more kids thing lol
It's difficult to commit to an answer without reviewing tax returns and paystubs. It's a process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages