Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 07:22 PM

8,676 posts, read 22,922,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekoflow View Post
Yup! Well, today I withdrew my application with them and started fresh with someone else who is local and has a good relationship with everyone she works with including her underwriter. Wish me luck! I feel much better believe or not. This new person gives me a lot of confidence that things could be different this time around. She doesn't like to waste anyone's time and that I liked.
This is exactly what you need. Good luck. Local is very important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 03:08 PM

64 posts, read 368,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
This is exactly what you need. Good luck. Local is very important.
This is going nowhere fast! I am getting even more upset now. It seems like my old loan officer is giving me the run around when I ask him to release the appraisal case number. He also said that if the lender doesn't want to release it they don't have to? I tried to debate him on this but why waste my time. I feel like he is trying to buy time to see if he gets the clear to close on my loan. But I am working with someone else and he is aware of this. This unbelievable! I take it that I can't move on because the property I'm trying to purchase is attached to that case number. So, in essence this loan officer could really just play games and delay things even more if he chooses to. I understand that he feels like he put a lot of work into this loan but it has taken way too long and I decided to move on. He should respect that. Any suggestions on what I should so he can get this done for me? Is it possible to go straight to the lender and get this released through them? Please help.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:18 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,763,231 times
The old lender has to release the case number to a new lender. However, there is the usual government paperwork to go through. You can't request the transfer- your new lender has to.

Read article attached under FAQ. It will explain what to do and who to contact at HUD if lender is being impossible and how HUD can help to move things along.

I agree that your loan officer has put so much time into this that he is unwilling to let go.

FAQ

Old 03-19-2014, 04:08 PM

Is an interest rate of 4.25 with a 5.813 APR any good or decent?

Old 03-22-2014, 04:21 PM

It's within an acceptable range without knowing specifics. When you're in crisis mode and closing is a priority, the focus needs to be on getting to closing as quickly as possible. Don't mess around, rates have already spike a little bit.

As for the other lender not releasing the case number, formally withdraw and request the transfer and copy your HUD HOC (local FHA officw, your lender can give it to you). Refusing to transfer a case number is not acceptable. Di not give them a chance to decline your loan. Request in writing asap.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:25 PM

WOW! Celebration time! I closed today!!! It was worth going with someone local and well recommended by everyone! My nightmare has finally come to an end!
Thanks to everyone who took the time to try and help.
Oh and did I mention that they made this happened in two weeks time? I was beyond impressed! I am unbelievably grateful! Party time! Good luck to everyone else!

Old 03-28-2014, 02:24 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,324,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekoflow View Post
WOW! Celebration time! I closed today!!! It was worth going with someone local and well recommended by everyone! My nightmare has finally come to an end!
Thanks to everyone who took the time to try and help.
Oh and did I mention that they made this happened in two weeks time? I was beyond impressed! I am unbelievably grateful! Party time! Good luck to everyone else!

Hey, congrats! See, there ARE good lenders out there. Plug the company!

Old 03-29-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
Hey, congrats! See, there ARE good lenders out there. Plug the company!
Thank you! It was pretty amazing to see how quickly and flawlessly they did their work.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:31 PM

Congratulations! Sorry I am late to the party.....end of the month priorities!

Old 04-01-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Congratulations! Sorry I am late to the party.....end of the month priorities!
You're welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages