Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 668 times

Advertisements

Good Day,
First post, I was wondering if some one with knowledge in the field (Mr. Smart Money, etc ) can help me with a couple of questions I have regarding a mortgage.

I have a Home in NY, purchased in 2009, in the beginning of the year(2015) we decided that we didn't want to deal with the weather and high taxes in Long Island, NY and we want to move to Florida, where my wife has Family. My wife got a Job there (hospital) and a family member rent us a house until we ready to buy a home in Florida. She moved there first with daughter, I stayed in NY to handle our house sale.
We put our house in the market last week of May and we received an offer month later, signed the contract 4 weeks ago. Now we founded a home in Florida that we like (new) and the salesperson mentioned that I can purchase the home based on the sale of our house in NY.

The price of the Florida home is 198,800.00.
Our NY home will sale for 307,500.00, we own the bank 222,000.00 .
which will leave us 85,500 left
-12,300 real state fee's
- 3000 taxes and attorneys fee's

Leave us with 69k to purchase of new home in Florida.

we are planning to put 20% down,
Taxes are 2800 + HOA 900 a year.

My credit 730
6000 in Credit card debt that I can pay half tomorrow but LO advised not to since he already ran my credit.

55K in student loan ( 300.00 a month)
18k vehicle loan (389.00 a month) my wife pays every month

I'm unable to put my wife in the loan due to her credit is not the best, declared bankruptcy 1 year ago.
Now the issue is I'm still employed in NY , after my house sells, I will be living with my father rent free until I get a Job in Florida.

My father wrote a notarized letter to bank stating the above.
I have submitted all the Docs to the LO, from W2, Income tax returns , sales contract (both homes) Employment Verification , pay stubs, bank statements. LO informed that my application went to underwriter Monday.

What are my odds to get this loan approved? since I'm still in NY? I was advised not to switch jobs if I was planning to apply for a mortgage.

Thanks in advance for your Help.

Last edited by rc328; 07-16-2015 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 06:42 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,911,833 times
Hello, you provided a lot of information, but unfortunately, not enough to answer your question. Please DM me with your telephone number and I will be happy to speak with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages