Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 06:32 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times

Advertisements

I just read on here that a person go a loan and it was a clearing house or front for Quicken Loans.

Does a lender have to tell you who holds the loan and all pertinent info? I did speak to one mortgage lender and she was with a national lender but mentioned that investors require the loan to be for a certain minimum, and I know than loans can be sold anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 06:55 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,794,210 times
What papers should I get at or before a mortgage loan closing? > Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Old 08-10-2015, 08:10 PM

24 posts, read 86,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
I just read on here that a person go a loan and it was a clearing house or front for Quicken Loans.

Does a lender have to tell you who holds the loan and all pertinent info? I did speak to one mortgage lender and she was with a national lender but mentioned that investors require the loan to be for a certain minimum, and I know than loans can be sold anyway.
When vetting a lender (before going through pre approval) it is a great idea to ask lots of questions like are they going to service the loan. Their paper work indicated they were not going to service the loan it but did not spell out exactly who would.

What local bank did was really tricky.. everything I filled out had their name on it. Even got a GFE in their name.... then all the sudden paperwork started coming from Quicken Loans.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:02 PM

24 posts, read 86,923 times
Ok I just pulled that old paperwork put of the shred pile....

The original loan app and subsequent paperwork have local banks name everywhere.

The only red flag is a document titled "servicing disclosure statement" which has three different statement with check boxes.

The one checked is "we do not service mortgage loans of the type for which you applied. We Intend to assign, sell, or transfer the servicing of your mortgage loan before the first payment is due.

Everything has local banks letterhead, but I just notice on their original GFE the appraisal fee went to quicken. That's the only place in the whole deck QLMS is referenced.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:33 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,050,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngins View Post
Ok I just pulled that old paperwork put of the shred pile....

The original loan app and subsequent paperwork have local banks name everywhere.

The only red flag is a document titled "servicing disclosure statement" which has three different statement with check boxes.

The one checked is "we do not service mortgage loans of the type for which you applied. We Intend to assign, sell, or transfer the servicing of your mortgage loan before the first payment is due.

Everything has local banks letterhead, but I just notice on their original GFE the appraisal fee went to quicken. That's the only place in the whole deck QLMS is referenced.
Thats the proper disclosure form. Regardless of which box was "checked" ( Regulatory guidelines determine that ), the loan can be sold Banks do this in order to free up capital to make more loans, and to generate fee income The regulatory costs of servicing mortgage loans contribute to this practice

Old 08-10-2015, 09:37 PM

414 posts, read 296,772 times
I'm not sure it matters. I refinanced with Quicken only to have it wind up with BoA soon after. Made no difference in just collecting the payments, and they were actually pretty good about managing escrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages