Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 03:04 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,324,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
You said you are well aware after I explained it to you, if you were well aware you would not need to ask.
Oh my God, I'm so tired now.

You explained nothing. You mentioned an inconsistent rental qualifier that is not in place with every rental property situation.

Please, I'm sure you have plenty of knee-jerk bad advice to spread, go do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 07:08 PM

7 posts, read 6,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post

Broomfield is not a hotbed of real estate activity to the point that the rental market is insane. Can you tell us a little bit about why you cannot rent a home or apartment? Sure it's a health issue, but what specifically is going on? What is your income? What is the price of the house you want? Wow, I have no idea why anyone would want this info.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
I have good credit, enough money to pay for all the initial costs of buying a house and if I can pay $1200/month in rent for a hotel room I can surely pay $600/month for my very own house. If I rent a house and get sick one of two things is going to happen I move or fix the house so it no longer effects me. I'm good with my hands and have built custom houses 20 years ago if I fix the rental who benefits? The owner.

If I buy my own house and I get sick I don't have to ask anyone to make any changes or alterations and when I'm done renovating and the changes I make look better than they did when the builder built the house should I decide to sell the house I will reap the benefits of all my hard work.

This may ne all for not, I'm allergic to mold meaning even the slightest amount will get me sick. The crawl space has three small patches of mold about the size of a quarter which can be easily fixed. The house has asbestos and on the asbestos is more mold. I can remediate mold on a floor joists or drywall but trying to remediate mold from asbestos would be like a death sentence and make the house inhabitable.

The current owner bought the house in 2009 and has next to no equity in the house and beings shes relatively young I can't see her coming up with the thousands of dollars it's going to remediate the asbestos and because there's mold on the asbestos leaving it there isn't an option. My realtor sent the inspection objection today and gave them till Monday to respond. Knowing she can't afford to remediate the asbestos I'm hoping they reply sooner than later. Another house has come on the market that won't need as much work and sits on a cement slab meaning no crawl,space and no mold

Old 11-07-2015, 07:40 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,955,534 times
If you were ever in the military or have a family member that was in the military you may be able to join Navy Federal Credit Union. They do offer 100% mortgages then you can keep the $ you saved for emergencies or put it toward paying down higher interest debts. Just something worth looking into.. Also maybe Section 8?

Also, I'm not sure how limited you are, but I used to make a good bit of extra $ in college by going to garage sales and thrift shops and selling the goods on ebay. This time of year buying and selling coats can be very profitable. Go to goodwill and you can easily find Banana Republic coats for $10. Put them on ebay for $40 and they usually sell pretty fast. Fold them into a flat rate USPS box and you're good to go.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:02 PM

7 posts, read 6,097 times
Thank you for the information. my father was in the Koren war and once that conflict ended he stayed in the naval reserves till he retired. Not that this makes any difference but I'm his name sake and hopefully they will recognize that and it will help in retaining a loan. I have good credit my debt to income ration is good and come December first I will go from paying $1200/month for rent to to $500/month rent. I have a two credit cards and a truck payment at $500.00/month both credit card will be paid off in 2 month thanks again

Old 11-08-2015, 05:37 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imactom View Post
Thank you for the information. my father was in the Koren war and once that conflict ended he stayed in the naval reserves till he retired. Not that this makes any difference but I'm his name sake and hopefully they will recognize that and it will help in retaining a loan. I have good credit my debt to income ration is good and come December first I will go from paying $1200/month for rent to to $500/month rent. I have a two credit cards and a truck payment at $500.00/month both credit card will be paid off in 2 month thanks again
If you could get rid of the truck and sell it and buy a cheaper used car that would help you get closer to obtaining a loan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages