Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 11:00 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,323,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randandamanda View Post
My husband and I were first time home buyers this year and have been harmed and victimized from the entire transaction. From our realtor and his lender7 and appraiser the seller and seller title company and a unexpected notary/agent every one worked in their interest to get over on us and they did so far. We are stressed out so much and feel helpless and want to speak up on our behalf and make them be accountable for their wrong actions and participation in the transaction from start to finish and beyond. This is my first time with this so bare with me as I am in this state of being, I have a lot more to say and do about this I just do not know exactly what to do or where I should go.
Thank you .
I doubt every word in your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 07:33 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randandamanda View Post
My husband and I were first time home buyers this year and have been harmed and victimized from the entire transaction. From our realtor and his lender7 and appraiser the seller and seller title company and a unexpected notary/agent every one worked in their interest to get over on us and they did so far. We are stressed out so much and feel helpless and want to speak up on our behalf and make them be accountable for their wrong actions and participation in the transaction from start to finish and beyond. This is my first time with this so bare with me as I am in this state of being, I have a lot more to say and do about this I just do not know exactly what to do or where I should go.
Thank you .
This is very difficult with today's regulations. I am willing to bet things were not properly explained to you and your husband, but it's not impossible you were taken advantage of. That said, how did you find your Realtor? My observation has been buyers that are of a particular nationality will find a Realtor of their same nationality and they put complete trust in that Realtor and his or her recommendations. These recommendations are to others of the same nationality. Not always, but more often than not, these "trusted" advisors do not make recommendations in the buyer's best interests. The most recent incident I ran across was when such a Realtor's lender recommended FHA, with a $475+ MI payment on a 60% LTV. This buyer was talking with one of my referral sources who insisted they contact me. Needless to say, I now have a borrower for life after putting him in a portfolio product. So, I do understand what you are saying, but it's possible the only thing they didn't do is fully explore the buyer's options. Does any of this sound familiar? This still happens to those born and raised in the US, but with less frequency.

You can place a complaint with the CFPB Submit a complaint > Consumer Financial Protection Bureau but don't forget the Realtor's Board, and the State for the title company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages