Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:07 PM

13 posts, read 83,158 times

Advertisements

Any one had any experience with Lending Tree. I filled out their application online, but am beginning to think that was a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 01:33 PM

995 posts, read 3,932,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHGB View Post
Any one had any experience with Lending Tree. I filled out their application online, but am beginning to think that was a mistake.
Why do you think it's a mistake?

I used lending tree before and had no problem.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,600,992 times
because he'll get calls throughout the day for the next 6months?

Old 01-23-2009, 07:16 PM

36 posts, read 146,335 times
Its no mistake JIM.

Lending tree will forward your application to only 4 brokers so u get a fair chance to compare the offers given to you by either/all of them. Also once you have decided which suits you the best you can simply tell others that you have made a decision.

Please note that you ask them to send you a good faith estimate. you need to be careful here as some might give you a higher rate at low closing cost, some an at par rate or buy down rate with high closing cost and some might just balance it out on rate and closing costs. You need to decide which one is best suitable for you in the long run especially looking at the current market scenario.

If possible have some facts ready on you like unpaid balance on your mortgage, appx market value of your house, insurance and property taxes amount if you want escrows, your credit score. Compare the deals with your current mortgage payment.

Some might also try and give you a goody and attractive closing cost as well as a decent rate but do not be fooled. There is a possibility that just to get your deal they might show you good figures but at clsoing your HUD statement will look completely different from what was initially offered.

All the best.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:17 PM

506 posts, read 2,282,168 times
lending tree SUCKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>They are going to hurt your credit score...Each company runs yuor score and sometimes a couple of times ..............never give your info out like that over the internet.....they also SELL your info to Credit Card companys.......................which again will hurt your score............

Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 PM

407 posts, read 1,559,963 times
I went that route on the advice of a friend a couple weeks ago, and it was a complete waste of my time. I regret having done it. After waiting a week, they came back with an answer that they could find no loans to meet my needs (was looking for something under 5% for a 30-year fixed - with or without points!). I have no clue what it may have done to my credit score, but I have since done some direct contacting of various companies from on-line research and am waiting to close on a rate well under 5% for a 30-year fixed mortgage. I don't have a problem with harassing phone calls, though, because I told them to contact me via email (no one did), and I gave them a phone number that goes directly to my answering machine. I have to admit that I do wonder where all the information I provided in my application went! I've been monitoring my credit card and other accounts pretty closely since I filled out the application.

How the heck could they do their searching and find NO matches?

Anyway, do your own trolling through rates on the web and call possible places of interest directly. That ended up working for me and probably much better in the long run!

Old 03-11-2009, 05:15 AM

20 posts, read 80,669 times
I used them last year [2008] They couldn't get my escrow setup properly[taxes and home insurance]. They also renig on a $500. Home Depot shopping credit I was suppose to get if I used them.Of course the greedy Realtor [World Realty MB S.C.] didn't help either.Lastly they sold my mortgage to Wells Fargo .This Company has to be comprised of the most ignorant people I have ever dealt with. I am currently shopping for a refinance rate to get away from Wells Fargo

Old 03-11-2009, 05:18 AM

20 posts, read 80,669 times
Looking at Amerisave and Finance America . If anyone has input regarding either of these, I'd appreciate the insight

Old 03-11-2009, 05:20 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,169,233 times
I used them several years ago, and I agree with some of these posts - you'll get dozens of calls and I suppose they will all run your credit, meaning your score may take a hit. Although I've heard, and I don't know if it's true, that there is some type of adjustment to your score if you have a number of inquiries for the same purpose (mortgage or car, for example), as the credit bureaus recognize that you aren't planning on getting multiple loans but are just shopping for the best one. I did find a lender through Lending Tree, so it worked for me, but that isn't to say that I couldn't have done just as well on my own.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:22 AM

426 posts, read 1,457,113 times
You can get multiple inquiries about mortgages in a 30 day window and it only counts as "one" inquiry. It won't hurt your score any more than any other place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages