Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 05:09 PM

27 posts, read 106,408 times

Advertisements

It was my understanding that only the following was necessary for a FHA Streamline:
  • mortgage to be refinanced must already be FHA insured.
  • The mortgage to be refinanced should be current (not delinquent).
  • The refinance is to result in a lowering of the borrower's monthly principal and interest payments.
  • No cash may be taken out on mortgages refinanced using the streamline refinance process
Furthermore, no appraisal or credit report is necessary.

The broker that sold me my original FHA loan called me today to streamline at 5% (I'm presently financed at 6% with Wells Fargo). When he ran my credit it was under 620 and now he can't streamline me. He said he got some memo two weeks ago about a mininum credit score now.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this the case now across the board?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 07:43 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
It is not the case across the board. Is your broker approved with Taylor Bean and Whitaker? They do not require credit scores on FHA streamlines. I'm sure that there are a couple of others out there as well.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
It is not the case across the board. Is your broker approved with Taylor Bean and Whitaker? They do not require credit scores on FHA streamlines. I'm sure that there are a couple of others out there as well.
thanks Daddys...

Old 03-16-2009, 06:42 AM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
Don't wait too long......the no score/low score lenders are flying the coop quickly.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Don't wait too long......the no score/low score lenders are flying the coop quickly.

You're right...I just made it with Wells Fargo...but this won't last long...

FHA type loans are going to be harder to get if more lenders require higher scores...or they're start nailing FHA applicants ON MORE POINTS...which goes back to gouging philosophy of the subprime mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages