Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 PM

3 posts, read 11,064 times

Advertisements

Hi..I was wondering if anyone knows if an underwriter will give me final approval for a loan assuming I meet all criteria set forth (3 separate brokers prequalified me) BUT I did claim chapter 7 bankruptcy about 3 years ago and one of my credit cards that was discharged WAS from the same company that the underwriter works for (keep in mind I do meet the 2 year bankruptcy requirement AND this is for an FHA loan). Any help is greatly appreciated.

****also I was wondering if I could have my broker send off my paperwork to a separate underwriter to start the process in case this one denies me (or do I have to wait until this underwriter makes a decision?***If this is all bad news for me can I just cancel the underwriting procedure 5 days in and submit to another underwriter?

Last edited by jameswoodward; 06-06-2009 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 12:49 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswoodward View Post
Hi..I was wondering if anyone knows if an underwriter will give me final approval for a loan assuming I meet all criteria set forth (3 separate brokers prequalified me) BUT I did claim chapter 7 bankruptcy about 3 years ago and one of my credit cards that was discharged WAS from the same company that the underwriter works for (keep in mind I do meet the 2 year bankruptcy requirement AND this is for an FHA loan). Any help is greatly appreciated.

****also I was wondering if I could have my broker send off my paperwork to a separate underwriter to start the process in case this one denies me (or do I have to wait until this underwriter makes a decision?***If this is all bad news for me can I just cancel the underwriting procedure 5 days in and submit to another underwriter?
I'm very knowledgeable in credit...Only the lender/U.W. can answer this as each has different rules. Most lender will approve someone even if you've listed them as a debtor. Majority of lenders can approve you 2 years after discharge...If you surrendered a home to the BK and foreclosed after the discharge some lenders wait for two years after the foreclosure. So the BK isn't the dis-qualifier...Your post discharge credit history, income and down payment is what will determine if you're approved or not. Also, different lenders have different so it helps to shop around...

Old 06-06-2009, 01:25 PM

Thanks so much for the speedy reply! That seems to help calm me abit for the weekend...I was also wondering if my broker can submit to another lender/UW on Monday, just to be safe...then cancel one in 10 days if necessary.
**(Maby he or I could contact the bank/UW directly to check their rules?)

Old 06-08-2009, 04:39 AM

I found the answer in another thread! next time i'll open me eyes...thx all!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:52 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,702,516 times
I have spoke to UW's before, but it still depends on lenders rules. Were you approved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages