Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:48 AM

286 posts, read 1,366,890 times

Advertisements

mrsclmn - any updates? I'm waiting for BofA to say we are clear to close also, but can't seem to get through to anyone. I keep getting passed around only to find voicemail. Emails go unanswered, too. VERY frustrating! Our close date was originally last Monday, but we knew that wasn't going to happen, and is now "mid to late July". Well, that doesn't help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 06:02 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusibius2 View Post
mrsclmn - any updates? I'm waiting for BofA to say we are clear to close also, but can't seem to get through to anyone. I keep getting passed around only to find voicemail. Emails go unanswered, too. VERY frustrating! Our close date was originally last Monday, but we knew that wasn't going to happen, and is now "mid to late July". Well, that doesn't help!!!
mrsclmn was scheduled to close yesterday, 6/25. I had a message from her the day before that 6/24 and they had the go ahead.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:40 AM

hoping it went well.. I just found out Friday (6/26) that my appraisal just happened. Now I need to wait and see!

Old 06-27-2009, 08:16 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,005 times
Good luck on the appraisal. Is it a V.A. appraisal?

Old 06-28-2009, 10:42 AM

Thanks - not exactly sure. We're getting an FHA 203k construction loan (there's a lot of work to do on the house). I was told it "should be" available as late as this Tuesday, so we'll see.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 AM

148 posts, read 574,259 times
We actually did close on 6/25. I guess that's not bad, it was two days later than we were supposed to close, but we were sweating bullets up to the last minute. Our rate lock expired on 6/25 and the loan officer had said that if it expired, she would pay for the extension. We got the final approval on Wednesday morning, but the documents to close didn't get to the lawyer until almost 7pm. The closing lawyer we used has a policy of documents getting to her office by noon the day before closing or the closing will be postponed. BoA had to BEG her to allow the loan to close on the 25th despite them not getting the documents to her until 7pm.

There is a disclaimer on the "check the status of your loan" webpage saying how swamped they are because of lower rates. It just seemed to me that even after they got all of the required documents from US, they took their time about getting the documents THEY were supposed to handle. I think though, that some of that has to do with the processor that handles the loan as well. We had 3 different processors on our loan and never had good communication with any of them. My brother, on the other hand, is doing an FHA loan and his experience so far is totally different. He's had one processor who regularly emails him and updates him on what she's working on, what she needs from him, etc. His house is not even 90% complete yet and he already has an appraisal. His closing date was set by the builder as July 22. His processor has his estimated closing date as July 15 I'm assuming so that she can work to make sure she meets the deadline of his actual closing. the processor on my loan had the estimated date as 6/30 and she seemed to barely be working to meet that, even though they were informed 2 months in advance it was to be the 23rd.

All in all, we were lucky to only be held up by 2 days.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:35 PM

Hahaha - here's a funny one... we just closed! Looking back, I actually believed BofA when they said we could close at the end of June. Hahahahaha!!!!!

Well, we're finally in and now trying to forget all the bank business and just enjoy our new home. Ugly curtains and all! :-D

Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 PM

31 posts, read 97,212 times
My mortgage is not with BoA, but I was supposed to close by July 27. Still waiting. Lender required a 2nd appraisal on the property, even though there were no questionable issues with the 1st one.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:36 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,334,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racechick8293 View Post
My mortgage is not with BoA, but I was supposed to close by July 27. Still waiting. Lender required a 2nd appraisal on the property, even though there were no questionable issues with the 1st one.
Who is handling your your loan ?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:53 AM

148 posts, read 574,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusibius2 View Post
Hahaha - here's a funny one... we just closed! Looking back, I actually believed BofA when they said we could close at the end of June. Hahahahaha!!!!!

Well, we're finally in and now trying to forget all the bank business and just enjoy our new home. Ugly curtains and all! :-D
WOW! First, Congratulations on your new home! But DANG! From June to AUGUST? That's some delay. My brother went with BofA and I think he was lucky his closing was only delayed by one day. He closed a month after I did, and after the problems we had, I started telling him RIGHT THEN he needed to STAY ON THEM. Did you end up being stuck with higher interest rates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages